The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

A 1st and a 2nd is the minimum for Tanev.  

I would much prefer a really good D prospect that’s 20 and on his way to being an NHL defenseman rather then a crapshoot.

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, best case for the club is they get him on a 2018-19 deal. But it’s a small point really. I’m gonna be happy just to see him finally under contract (whether or not he burns this year) and I expect the Canucks will be too. I’d imagine they’ll have papers ready the morning after his last game.

Not a fan of year-burning with expansion on the horizon. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not a fan of year-burning with expansion on the horizon. 

Agreed and I hope they take expansion into consideration if they are thinking of signing the Sedins. NTC should not be handed out to anyone right now and burning years of ELCs and pro play should also be limited.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Agreed, although it seems as though TO don't want to part with Lilypad.

I think something along the lines of Dermott and their 1st is what we'll be looking at.

then they can watch him suit up for another team.

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

A 1st and a 2nd is the minimum for Tanev.  

I would much prefer a really good D prospect that’s 20 and on his way to being an NHL defenseman rather then a crapshoot.

I can't imagine any scenario where Tanev is traded and a grade A prospect isn't coming back

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, stawns said:

then they can watch him suit up for another team.

Dermott looks like some player to me when I have watched him and he is a pretty big physical guy too. No way are Leafs letting him go.

Edited by alfstonker

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Dermott looks like some player to me when I have watched him and he is a pretty big physical guy too. No way are Leafs letting him go.

For Guddy or Edler, with a 1st?  maybe, but not for tanev.  He's a premium defensive dman in the league and the return needs to reflect that.  JB does not need to trade him, so he can hold out to get what he wants.

• Upvote 1

This is probably the best situation, especially considering upcoming expansion -- get him in with Utica for a taste of pro experience.  Like with Corrado, playing him a few games now could come back to bite us when it comes to making the protection list.  Pretty good chance the decision will be moot anyway, as they're likely to make it into April.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

This is probably the best situation, especially considering upcoming expansion -- get him in with Utica for a taste of pro experience.  Like with Corrado, playing him a few games now could come back to bite us when it comes to making the protection list.  Pretty good chance the decision will be moot anyway, as they're likely to make it into April.

if he doesn't play in Van and goes to Utica, in that scenario, I guess he has to sign a PTO to be eligible.......thus not burning a year off his ELC

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Where did he end up in the Hobey Baker voting?

He ended up second at 9.8%, just behind Colton Point (10.6%)

Edit: don't forget it's just the fan voting, which means crumbs in regards to the actual voting 

Edited by GrizzlyAdams
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, if disaster strikes and Gaudette's team loses this first round that starts on the 9th, the best of 3, he's essentially done for the season and free to be signed.

Correct???

Probably not. The current tournament (Gaudette plays this weekend) is for Hockey East. The tournament winner will be one of 6 conference champions who qualify for regionals (March 23-25) for the NCAA national championship tournament. The remaining 10 spots for regionals will be selected based on national rankings and NU currently sits 7th so they’re likely in the national tournament even if they get knocked out of the Hockey East tournament.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME