The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks extend Juice

2 minutes ago, Robongo said:

They're obviously from the Ducks forum.

If that's the case, then they have zero validity.  We could scour our board, and make two great players (Twins) appear to be total crap.  KB is clearly not the player he was in his 20s, but most players aren't.  He still provides a lot to his team, that we fans don't realize as important. IMO. Being a forum, this - of course - means it's only my opinion, which is biased.

1. Whatever you guys say, I'll support bieksa regardless of anything 

2. So what if ducks fans think something? They're ducks fans. They know 0 about hockey 

3. Bieksa is the greatest athlete to play for that sorry franchise that constantly gets help from the officials =)  

4. Juice is the MAN! 

5. DUCKS SUCK! 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

2. So what if ducks fans think something? They're ducks fans. They know 0 about hockey 

3. Bieksa is the greatest athlete to play for that sorry franchise that constantly gets help from the officials =)  

4. Juice is the MAN! 

5. DUCKS SUCK! 

0dd52b1a7ac1a884f7c1370bc0450ed9705cb0b5

On 2015-11-28, 12:13:12, apollo said:

4. Juice is the MAN! 

5. DUCKS SUCK! 

So many things wrong with this.

On 2015-11-28, 8:41:20, apollo said:

Lol I assume everyone bashing juice is just looking at the stats. 

This guy is logging #1 dman minutes and he's one of the few reasons this sad team isn't last in the nhl. They get absolute garbage efforts from 80% of their team night in, night out. At least juice is man enough and stands up for his team mates. 

I can't imagine a single guy on the ducks roster respecting Perry or kesler. That team must hate each other. 

Bieksa is statistically and visually their worst defensemen this year. If any defensemen is keeping that team afloat right now, it is Sami Vatanen or Hampus Lindholm. Being "man enough" and "standing up for his teammates" doesn't keep a bad team afloat...that is utterly ridiculous - I assume you believe in the Benning made advanced stat? Scrums per minute? Because that is the one stat Bieksa may be good at, other than that, he can only dream of being Anaheim's best defensemen.

I don't think there is a stat that favours in Bieksa's way, and visually, he is terrible - slow, makes bad decisions...list goes on.

11 minutes ago, BM24 said:

Bieksa is statistically and visually their worst defensemen this year. If any defensemen is keeping that team afloat right now, it is Sami Vatanen or Hampus Lindholm. Being "man enough" and "standing up for his teammates" doesn't keep a bad team afloat...that is utterly ridiculous - I assume you believe in the Benning made advanced stat? Scrums per minute? Because that is the one stat Bieksa may be good at, other than that, he can only dream of being Anaheim's best defensemen.

I don't think there is a stat that favours in Bieksa's way, and visually, he is terrible - slow, makes bad decisions...list goes on.

So why is he constantly over 20 min and being used more than any of their others? 

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

So why is he constantly over 20 min and being used more than any of their others? 

He's playing in their top 4....all of their top 4 defensemen have 20+ minutes of icetime on average. Only reason Bieksa is getting that icetime, is because Manson isn't fully ready (even yet he's averaging 18mins) and Stoner is strictly a bottom pairing defensemen along with Despres. Fact of the matter is, Anaheim brought Bieksa in to be a top 4 dman, and whether he crashes and burns like he has, he's going to be kept there because there aren't any other options. One of the reasons Anaheim is struggling, is having a player like Bieksa handed big minutes - we gave Bieksa bottom pairing minutes and look how well we did.

You think Anaheim fans as a whole don't like him just to spite him? Saying Anaheim fans don't know hockey says a lot about you.

I will say this too - I am sure damn happy the Anaheim Ducks invested their time and especially their money in Kesler and Bieksa rather than the Canucks. What terrible contracts for players on a huge decline in their careers. We aren't living in 2011 anymore, but it is clear to see what posters still are. As much as I hate Benning, he actually made a smart move to deal Bieksa and bring in Bartkowski who achieves the same headaches as Bieksa, just at a much lower cost.

33 minutes ago, BM24 said:

anaheim has made some strange decisions on former canucks players on their roster in the past year

anaheim used to have a ton of cap space available

why would they give KB an additional 2 years at 4 million per? who were they competing with for that ?

and why sign kesler for such a long term at just under $7 million per?  i have no idea on the thinking on that contract

both players are on the downsides of their careers...

almost $11 million per committed to 2 declining players

2 minutes ago, BM24 said:

He's playing in their top 4....all of their top 4 defensemen have 20+ minutes of icetime on average. Only reason Bieksa is getting that icetime, is because Manson isn't fully ready (even yet he's averaging 18mins) and Stoner is strictly a bottom pairing defensemen along with Despres. Fact of the matter is, Anaheim brought Bieksa in to be a top 4 dman, and whether he crashes and burns like he has, he's going to be kept there because there aren't any other options. One of the reasons Anaheim is struggling, is having a player like Bieksa handed big minutes - we gave Bieksa bottom pairing minutes and look how well we did.

You think Anaheim fans as a whole don't like him just to spite him? Saying Anaheim fans don't know hockey says a lot about you.

Your biggest mistake was getting into a hockey argument with apollo and expecting anything rational to come out of it.

The Ducks don't really have an ideal partner for Bieksa. Lindholm and Fowler should be playing with better defencemen, Despres is alright but not good enough to consistently cover for him, and Stoner is Stoner. They would have been better off keeping Beauchemin.

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

anaheim has made some strange decisions on former canucks players on their roster in the past year

anaheim used to have a ton of cap space available

why would they give KB an additional 2 years at 4 million per? who were they competing with for that ?

and why sign kesler for such a long term at just under $7 million per?  i have no idea on the thinking on that contract

both players are on the downsides of their careers...

almost $11 million per committed to 2 declining players

Agreed and very good questions. Both those contracts are looking horrendous....who woulda thunk it??????

7 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Your biggest mistake was getting into a hockey argument with apollo and expecting anything rational to come out of it.

The Ducks don't really have an ideal partner for Bieksa. Lindholm and Fowler should be playing with better defencemen, Despres is alright but not good enough to consistently cover for him, and Stoner is Stoner. They would have been better off keeping Beauchemin.

Preach, especially when 'icetime' is an argument he is using....sad.

On November 27, 2015 at 3:10:55 PM, theminister said:

Probably a good lesson on showing restraint with re-signing Hamhuis. 

omg. i just assumed wed look for return on him, i never considered the horror of a fat extension on hammer.

1 toxic contract can take down a team. 

Archived