The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Mike Burnstein fired!

jono2009

Bottom line.

Every single hockey analyst and expert over the last 10 days have made very clear remarks about Delormes track record.

If you are going to right the proverbial ship why do you keep the ONE guy that almost everyone universally agrees has such a shoddy draft record that it is laughably bad?

Hanging your hat on Bieksa, Burrows, Edler, Hansen a decade ago is not worth keeping a job over some of the far more qualified people that have been axed recently

Delorme has a no firing clause...

Ron Delorme survives again....

I can see Ron running and hiding around the arena, like costanza when he had the nap place installed under his desk. Telling Burnstein to call in a bomb threat while JB is sitting in his office to fire him.

Burnstein gets fired for a fake bomb threat...

I feel for M.B. though. I've had a job too that I was enjoying, all was going well, and BAM! One day you're gone for reasons you probably disagree w/ strongly...

That's life. You think that's bad, replace the part where you lose your job with a terminal illness. Losing your job isn't the end of the world. It's all about perspective.

The team was pretty damn healthy last season. This was not performance-based.

Oh well, still a good business move.

Yea thanks to Rick joining the team; read Hamhuis' article when he came back from injury. Dan said it was all Cellebrini

Wasn't he responsible for letting several players come back too early from injury?

That seems to be a constant complaint on here if I recall correctly.

Exactly what I was thinking. Seems pretty straightforward given how many times it's said that players came back too early.

Yea thanks to Rick joining the team; read Hamhuis' article when he came back from injury. Dan said it was all Cellebrini

Hamhuis hasn't been the same since he rolled Lucic over his back. Maybe new guy can fix him some more.

On a side note, I think Cellebreni and Burnstein had slightly different jobs. The former is a consultant on injury recovery and the latter is a basic day-to-day, game-to-game physical trainer. Is this not correct?

They should fire the cleaners next. I've never seen a hockey team with dirtier hockey pants than last year's Canucks. I remember when the cleanliness of the teams uniforms was actually a news story.

He wasn't doing a very good job IMO; Cellebrini is a great mind, look for a much healthier team. He learned from one of the best

Mind elaborating? You can have some sort of an opinion on the GM, coach, and players because we see them so much, but trainers? Please tell us more.

That's life. You think that's bad, replace the part where you lose your job with a terminal illness. Losing your job isn't the end of the world. It's all about perspective.

It may not be the end of the world, but it's pretty freaking big. I have to admit I am amazed at the lack of empathy on this board (or maybe I shouldn't be?) Someone gets fired who has been loyal to the company for 20 years and that is a "good business move?" One poster even said MB was a hurdle on the way to the cup. Sadly, this is a me me me board, more often then it is a compassionate one.

It may not be the end of the world, but it's pretty freaking big. I have to admit I am amazed at the lack of empathy on this board (or maybe I shouldn't be?) Someone gets fired who has been loyal to the company for 20 years and that is a "good business move?" One poster even said MB was a hurdle on the way to the cup. Sadly, this is a me me me board, more often then it is a compassionate one.

A friend of a friends friend says that he was sleeping with Kesler i mean Keslers wife and that his house was for sale in surrey for the last 3 months. Sounds like he wanted out of town.

No but really he was good at what he did but he was old school and the Canucks are looking for some fresh ideas. I don't think we need to stress about it. He will find a new job soon.

Not at all, but as a long term member of an organization that just hasn't gotten over the final hurdle, it's time to say farewell & bring in some fresh faces.

It's a tad ironic that fans are screaming for youth on the ice, but still want the old boys behind the scenes.

The times, they are a changin'.

B-b-but I only wanted them to change things that I wanted. You know...me, the fan who doesn't work for the team or generally have any real information on the goings on day to day or how things might actually work in the NHL.

I know what needs to be done all the way out here on my couch! Bennings a dud. Linden is stupid. HOW COULD YOU FIRE PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW! HOW COULD YOU TRADE KASSIAN??!?!? BIEKSA WAS OUR SOUL!!!! (Even though I advocated for him to be traded time and time again in CT)

...idiots :picard:

B-b-but I only wanted them to change things that I wanted. You know...me, the fan who doesn't work for the team or generally have any real information on the goings on day to day or how things might actually work in the NHL.

I know what needs to be done all the way out here on my couch! Bennings a dud. Linden is stupid. HOW COULD YOU FIRE PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW! HOW COULD YOU TRADE KASSIAN??!?!? BIEKSA WAS OUR SOUL!!!! (Even though I advocated for him to be traded time and time again in CT)

...idiots :picard:

THANK YOU! I'm glad there are some knowledgeable people in Vancouver..

Archived