The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Mike Burnstein fired!

jono2009

Where is the evidence that any player that was drafted by Boston or Buffalo was a "Benning pick". The Canucks job is his first calling the shots, not really fair to be hanging other G.M.'s fails around his neck.

Agreed 100%. The GM is ultimately responsible (except in the Leafs case this year).

i guess people missed the part where they hired world renowned physiotherapist rick celebrini?

The world of sports medicine has advanced massively in injury prevention & recovery training. Having one of the spearheaders in physio working for us full-time is a huge advantage for this team and i would assume he wanted to run things his way which is why burnie is gone.

Just look at FIFA which spent millions developing a specially designed training program that has reduced injuries substantially. That is the kind of impact the hiring of fortius sports & celebrini will hopefully have for the canucks.

If you want to make an omelette ...

Listen, I get that Bernstein was well liked. And I haven't heard anyone say he was terrible at his job, but that's not the point.

So many people complain about getting the "same old, same old" year after year. Well, here's the change many of us have asked for. Sorry, but you can't complain about that now, too. It's one or the other, stay the same or accept that change will have some growing pains.

Benning and Linden are the guys in charge. They deserve the chance to take this organization in the direction they feel is best, it's ridiculous to say "make us better, but don't dare think of doing this, this, or this." Bottom line, the success or failure of our new direction is now squarely on the shoulders of Benning and Linden. I like it, that's how it should be.

Too many people are pretending like they know the long term vision or strategy. We're not going to know the results of all these changes for a while. Being pessimistic about this stuff says more about you than it does about Benning or Linden's direction thus far.

Finally! We'd have won multiple Stanley Cups if not for that cancer Burnstein, all those injuries during the 2011 SC run we're his fault.

Seriously, I'm sure there's a very good reason for this change, not a big deal.

Unfortunately this is the nature of the beast in most major sports. The fact that he lasted as long as he did is amazing and I'm sure the organization appreciates his efforts.

Sometimes its just time to part ways and I'm sure if Mike wants to be employed somewhere else, he will find a job in short order (perhaps with AV in the big apple?).

Thanks for the service Mr. Burnstein, you were obviously a well liked and hard working member of this franchise, good luck in all you do!

Archived