The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Mike Burnstein fired!

jono2009

Don't see all the fuss, it's too bad to see someone lose their job but it's not like they are going to replace him with someone working for Jenny Craig. Maybe the old boys club is starting to get dismantled?, maybe Burnstein was more friend than trainer? Who knows but it's not the end of the world and certainly no reason to spew even more BS hate that's already been spread.

Maybe it is related to the number of injuries the team has sustained over the last few years. Seems the Nucks are frequently running into injury trouble and how that comes about and is dealt with would seem to be Bernie's department to some degree.

I came to the assumtion that, he went into Bennings office voicing his displeasures of his recent moves. Gillman, Bernstein, Bieksa were all close buddy, everyone was probably pissed they let Bieska go, if they truly wanted to dump salary, they could have done it by getting rid of Alex Burrows for crying out loud, he's the poison for the team, but Jim Benning like him for some strange reason because he made his way up from the ECHL, even if you ask me, I rather keep Bieska trade Burrows for a 3rd round pick instead of trading Bieksa for a second.

what a terrible summer, Linden has lots to explain.

Maybe Burr doesn't want to waive his NTC?

If Gillis had made this move Botchford, Galagher and whole Province clownfest would have called this a shrewd, innovative move that gives the Canucks a competitive advantage over other teams. When Benning does it? He's a heartless moron who has no idea what he's doing. WE SHOULD ALL BE CONCERNED! The obviously biased coverage of this team is a joke

Gallagher is the worst. I understand it is the media's job to analyze the going ons of the Canucks, but does Tony G seriously think he has a clue of how to run the management of the Canucks, let alone an NHL team? He has never stepped foot in that office, and interviewing people doesn't exactly count as qualified experience. Old guy with a bone to pick for whatever reason.

Maybe it is related to the number of injuries the team has sustained over the last few years. Seems the Nucks are frequently running into injury trouble and how that comes about and is dealt with would seem to be Bernie's department to some degree.

I think this might be it.

Every season, it always seems like we have 2-3 defensemen get injured. Coincidence? Bad luck? Or maybe, just maybe, our defensemen are more prone to injuries due to their training?

It sucks for Mike, but I'm sure he'll get hired soon.

at least they still have pat o'neill

For now..the new braintrust gave everyone 1 year and now the team is being gutted like a Sockeye Salmon...which Im not opposed to , change can be good but some of these moves I just dont get.

MIke Berstein went into Benning and LIndens office speaking his mind, Benning not taking any of it, firing one person after another.

tank nation here we come! someone hire him please! He's such a good guy.

I am sure Benning is not that smart hockey guy that was originally sold to this fan base. Just because you are a good guy doesn't mean there is someone else that can't do your job better. Babcock is not exactly the nicest guy around but for some reason he is the most well paid coach in the business.

depends if he's going to speak up against the regimes recent rampage.

Where are you hearing this? I am 100% sure that Benning and Linden aren't letting these people go for personal reasons but professional reasons that are linked with their performance or the fact they see someone else being able to do a better job.

Seems like if you're a well liked person in or around the team, you're gone

I am sure most people under contract are well liked. If I was the boss of a company/team/group whatever, I wouldn't care if it was my best friends that were under contract but whoever would be the best suited for the job and would perform better.

I came to the assumtion that, he went into Bennings office voicing his displeasures of his recent moves. Gillman, Bernstein, Bieksa were all close buddy, everyone was probably pissed they let Bieska go, if they truly wanted to dump salary, they could have done it by getting rid of Alex Burrows for crying out loud, he's the poison for the team, but Jim Benning like him for some strange reason because he made his way up from the ECHL, even if you ask me, I rather keep Bieska trade Burrows for a 3rd round pick instead of trading Bieksa for a second.

what a terrible summer, Linden has lots to explain.

No source on this, baseless Benning bashing. I'd much rather get rid off Bieksa than Burrows. Fans have been calling for Bieksa to be traded since 2009.. I love the guy but it was time for him to move on. I am pretty sure Burrows is on his way out as well. Times are changing in Vancouver and that shouldn't mean you keep guys around because they are good guys. If you want to win in this league you need to be able to make tough decisions and not be cowardly and stay stagnant, this goes with staff as well.

I swear, Benning can make a move to get Crosby and someone on here will be able to complain about how is concussion issues make it a horrible idea to give Horvat up for him... Stop being so sentimental, we need change to be able to be better in the long-run.

But is Delorme still here?

Not sure this team can function without the Teflon Ron

Lord knows he's almost as good of a scoout as Benning.

I mean between the two of them they have an incredible stretch between 2006 and 2014 with great names like....

Uhmmm...like...

Well they're scouts!

But is Delorme still here?

Not sure this team can function without the Teflon Ron

Lord knows he's almost as good of a scoout as Benning.

I mean between the two of them they have an incredible stretch between 2006 and 2014 with great names like....

Uhmmm...like...

Well they're scouts!

Hmm lets see:

Ryan Miller, Paul Gaustad, Jason Pomminville, Thomas Vanek, Lucic, Marchand, Doug Hamilton, etc.

Archived