The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Mike Burnstein fired!

jono2009

Wasn't he responsible for letting several players come back too early from injury?

That seems to be a constant complaint on here if I recall correctly.

Yes but a lot of sports medicine is contingent upon player honesty. "Does it hurt when I do this?" "How are you feeling today?"

I'm not too surprised when players come back early

Where is the evidence that any player that was drafted by Boston or Buffalo was a "Benning pick". The Canucks job is his first calling the shots, not really fair to be hanging other G.M.'s fails around his neck.

so....assistant gm does nothing? Especially former head of scouting?

Where is the evidence that any player that was drafted by Boston or Buffalo was a "Benning pick". The Canucks job is his first calling the shots, not really fair to be hanging other G.M.'s fails around his neck.

There is none of course, but such claims are made try to support a made-up narrative to create a strawman when you're trying to discredit someone.

I came to the assumtion that, he went into Bennings office voicing his displeasures of his recent moves. Gillman, Bernstein, Bieksa were all close buddy, everyone was probably pissed they let Bieska go, if they truly wanted to dump salary, they could have done it by getting rid of Alex Burrows for crying out loud, he's the poison for the team, but Jim Benning like him for some strange reason because he made his way up from the ECHL, even if you ask me, I rather keep Bieska trade Burrows for a 3rd round pick instead of trading Bieksa for a second.

what a terrible summer, Linden has lots to explain.

You are making an assumption that happened? Are you clinically insane? I would suggest you would need a lot of evidence to support a very unlikely scenario where a trainer would decide to stick his nose into the GM role and give his boss a piece of his mind. A couple of hundred players have come and gone in his tenure including many very popular ones.... and suddenly he decides to have a hissy fit?

i guess people missed the part where they hired world renowned physiotherapist rick celebrini?

The world of sports medicine has advanced massively in injury prevention & recovery training. Having one of the spearheaders in physio working for us full-time is a huge advantage for this team and i would assume he wanted to run things his way which is why burnie is gone.

Just look at FIFA which spent millions developing a specially designed training program that has reduced injuries substantially. That is the kind of impact the hiring of fortius sports & celebrini will hopefully have for the canucks.

Because those injuries are fake. Like FIFA

BREAKING NEWS: Trevor Linden just fired Dennis Skulsky and Bob Lenarduzzi. Linden was quoted 'There can only be one president of sports in Vancouver. Those two had to go.'

HHAHAHAHAH post of the thread.

Archived