The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report)Baertschi will not accept qualifying offer

jono2009

I'm going to assume that the report is correct and that they need to clear cap space to sign Sven to a multi year deal

I'm guessing that the move would involve asking a player to waive his no trade clause

This would be the time to ask someone to waive

They have the summer to relocate and time to sort things out

Burrows in my opinion is the odd man out on the move

He would actually be a player that other teams may want and could be moved for a couple picks

Sedin Sedin vrbata

Baertshi bonino virtanen

Higgins Horvat hansen

Dorset vey prust

Kenins

I honestly think it would be Higgins over Burrows. Burrows has the Sedin connection and is a second line player. As much as I love Higgins and would rather let the Badger go.... I think if a contract has to be moved then it will be Higgins.

80% of NHL players don't accept the qualifying offer. It's not being difficult.it's the status quo.

Well quite a bit of time has past since the offer. I say tell him to "beat it" and lets get someone in there that is hungry to play and not worried about their salary so early in their "unproven" career. Really maybe it would be nicer for him to go play in his home country. He would be more closer to his family.

I honestly think this guy is a bust. I hope I'm proved wrong. :(

What makes you think that? Lol he's still very young and providing at the ahl level. People need to be more patient around here.

I honestly think this guy is a bust. I hope I'm proved wrong. :(

It's ironic is it not, the tomes that have been written on here in defence of holding onto a player who just didn't understand the game and yet just because a newly acquired rookie wants to haggle for what he thinks he is worth, people want to show him the door and call HIM difficult. :picard:

It's ironic is it not, the tomes that have been written on here in defence of holding onto a player who just didn't understand the game and yet just because a newly acquired rookie wants to haggle for what he thinks he is worth, people want to show him the door and call HIM difficult. :picard:

You can't be surprised by that, can you?

Well quite a bit of time has past since the offer. I say tell him to "beat it" and lets get someone in there that is hungry to play and not worried about their salary so early in their "unproven" career. Really maybe it would be nicer for him to go play in his home country. He would be more closer to his family.

:picard: x a million

Step your game up troll, this is weak.

Troll!? First time I have been called that. What ever makes you feel better buddy. :)

Well, it's been shown that it has nothing to do Baertschi being greedy, rather than JB holding out so he can give the kid a contract he deserves...

I actually fly around the world all the time.

Bärtschi going off to play in europe would complete the Canucks cycle of fail that was the 2014/2015 season relative to Calgary. It would be funny.

Jim. Sven is on a plane to Sweden.

benning.jpg

Well, it's been shown that it has nothing to do Baertschi being greedy, rather than JB holding out so he can give the kid a contract he deserves...

Exactly. This thread is turning into a character assassination because the Canucks have no cap space to fit the right deal in and maintain some cap flexibility.

Exactly. This thread is turning into a character assassination because the Canucks have no cap space to fit the right deal in and maintain some cap flexibility.

This is all overblown I agree , and I doubt Sven is being greedy , but I will say this. What exactly do you think he deserves ? I am a fan of using a second round pick for him, and acquiring him was a great move , but He has shown next to nothing at the NHL level so far so.....

I'm just trying to figure out exactly what u think he deserves?

This is all overblown I agree , and I doubt Sven is being greedy , but I will say this. What exactly do you think he deserves ? I am a fan of using a second round pick for him, and acquiring him was a great move , but He has shown next to nothing at the NHL level so far so.....

I'm just trying to figure out exactly what u think he deserves?

I think with 2.8 million in cap space there is enough to give him a fair deal. Like I said, Benning has not shown to be cheap with his players so far. Whats the hold up then?

Lol. You are an embarrassment. Further more

Scouting report :

Baerstchi is a good two-way player with high-end offensive talent. The playmaking winger has really improved his skating explosiveness while learning to change speed to throw off the defender. Since being drafted in 2011, he has really improved his vision and hockey sense as well as his overall game. The first rounder clearly projects as a top line forward. His work ethic, passion, desire and attitude to be the best are top notch.

Might wana read that last part partner before spouting off and making Van fans sound stupid. Sven has never had character issues

Lol. You are an embarrassment. Further more

Scouting report :

Baerstchi is a good two-way player with high-end offensive talent. The playmaking winger has really improved his skating explosiveness while learning to change speed to throw off the defender. Since being drafted in 2011, he has really improved his vision and hockey sense as well as his overall game. The first rounder clearly projects as a top line forward. His work ethic, passion, desire and attitude to be the best are top notch.

Might wana read that last part partner before spouting off and making Van fans sound stupid. Sven has never had character issues

Are you aware that the bad rep of Canucks fans, to which you alluded, actually stems in large part from the hill billy attitude that comes out when fans trash talk each other?

Anyway, seeing how you're so quick to call someone else an "embarrassment" for simply expressing a personal opinion on a discussion board, perhaps you'd be interested in know one thing that truly does make "Van fans sound stupid" - spouting off erroneous personal insults that infer someone else is stupid when you apparently don't know the difference between a "scouting report" (the name commonly given to professional assessments of pre-drafted/prospects) and some commentary pasted under the heading of "talent analysis" as published on on www.hockeysfuture.com (from where you obviously copied the paragraph).

As for the "talent analysis" you've pasted, well that was obviously written some time after the kid's drafting and even after the Calgary/Vancouver trade, which is probably why it's only you calling it a "scouting report" ;) For what worth, btw, that same uncredited write up also pegs Baertschi's "Probability of Success" as being a mere C rating which is described as meaning the kid "has shown some flashes, but may ultimately not have what it takes to reach his potential". Meaning also even your source acknowledges that the kid has "shown some flashes" but could end up with a ceiling no higher than 3rd liner (see the site's write up on the rating system they use: "http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections/).

As for the kid's actual "scouting reports", the hockeynews.com has some other commentary to describe his prospects -

Assets: Possesses amazing puck skills and offensive instincts. Works extremely hard at his game, and he's also not afraid of playing in high-traffic areas. Is equally successful at playmaking and sniping.

Flaws: Doesn't have ideal size for the National Hockey League game, though he has time to fill out. Also needs to up his physical game to keep opponents honest, while remaining vigilent with hits against him.

Career Potential: Skilled scoring winger with good upside.

From the NHL.com site, a few more "scouting report" comments -

NHL Central Scouting's Blair MacDonald:

"Baertschi is a finesse player. He has very quick hands and is a deft puckhandler. His radar vision probably makes him the best in the WHL at distributing the puck."

Portland head coach Mike Johnston:

"Quick, skilled, very fast type of player . . . I don't think anyone can stay on the ice as long as he does. We have to tell him to get off the ice 45 minutes after practice ends. He stays out there forever to work on his game. He works on inside-outside moves, quick shots and little foot movement.

Archived