The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins: no intentions of leaving Canucks even if it means a supporting role

TheRussianRocket.

and has Hank passed his ability to anyone else? Nope.

Kesler seemed to develop pretty nicely behind the Sedins.

Hodgson was developing nicely until he decided to be a wanker.

Horvat got better as the season went along last year.

Every top center we've had has developed well here. It's not up to the Sedins to manage players and make sure they're ready for the NHL when they're brought in.

Hot date with your right hand in your moms basement doesn't qualify, champ. And yeah, I stooped to your level.

Better than a hot date with mom's right hand in the basement I guess.

....I stooped lower.

Anyways.

The Sedins will be great mentors for our next core.

The next core which our GM has built upon and is wanting to create with young men with good character.

From Pat to Trevor to Henrik and Daniel to Bo and more.

Future looks bright.

Their level of selflessness is unheard of in the NHL today. Heck it's practically unheard of in the public world at all. They go beyond what's expected of players. Many people would not condemn them if they wanted to leave for a chance at the cup, yet they go above and beyond expectations and remain loyal.

Incredible.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/lindquist-sedin-s-comfortable-staying-with-canucks-in-supporting-role-1.334590

Lindquist: Sedin's comfortable staying with Canucks in supporting role

Expressen reporter Jonatan Lindquist tells Sekeres and Paterson that - after talking with the Sedins in Sweden - the Twins prefer to stay in Vancouver and play out their contracts in an eventual supporting role. Lindquist also says the Sedins would be willing to move, if asked, but their preference is to be Canucks for life

Class. Regardless of what happens, these 2 are living legends. Rarely do you see such dedicated and humbled players in any sport in the modern day.

Makes you just keep appreciating the twins. Now that I come to think of it, if the Canucks can transition quickly enough and they're 2nd/3rd liners for us at age 37ish, imagine winning and them lifting the Cup then. Would absolutely lose it! The loyal, respected veterans raising Lord Stanley, what a fairy tale ending that would be!

The Sedins do have a lot a class. I hope that is reciprocated by the current management. I would have assumed that Linden was also the embodiment of class but after seeing how the situations involving Garrison, Bieksa, Lack, Gillman, Bernstein were handled I am not so sure. I am not saying that the moves were necessarily bad moves, but the way they were handled did not look good from my point of view.

As soon as discussions come about then you know they are leaving.

I hope they leave to have a chance at a CUP and I would cheer for them too! They did a lot here and they deserve a chance at hoisting Lord Stanley and unfortunately it won't be here.

Whatever team they play for the building would be louder then it has ever been just to see them! Wait and Watch

Anyways.

The Sedins will be great mentors for our next core.

The next core which our GM has built upon and is wanting to create with young men with good character.

From Pat to Trevor to Henrik and Daniel to Bo and more.

Future looks bright.

Lol sorry for that. I agree, I think the Sedin's are excellent leaders in showing what it takes to be a professional. I remember the clip from last year of Horvat and Henrik chatting on the bench after Henrik reached a milestone.

"Know what that means?"

"No, what?"

"I'm old"

The Sedins do have a lot a class. I hope that is reciprocated by the current management. I would have assumed that Linden was also the embodiment of class but after seeing how the situations involving Garrison, Bieksa, Lack, Gillman, Bernstein were handled I am not so sure. I am not saying that the moves were necessarily bad moves, but the way they were handled did not look good from my point of view.

JB's and TL's moves look like they did right for the players/people in comparison to how well previous GM's have handled situations.

An example would be the Luongo situation and Gillis

It takes elite talent to make players better. There's a reason a guy anybody that plays with a guy like John Tavares are nobodies, than become top names in the NHL. They learn from the best. Same with Crosby and Malkins.

Are you kidding me?

Jason King

Anson Carter

Alex Burrows

Radim Vrbata

Taylor Pyatt

Steve Bernier

and has Hank passed his ability to anyone else? Nope.

You seem to struggle with the difference between the mentoring and teaching. We're not saying the Sedins are teachers or coaches. We are saying they are mentors. As DeNIro said, they are pristine examples of professionalism and humility. Are these skills that win you cups? Not necessarily. The twins have character well beyond the average of the league and we are simply hoping for that to rub off on the rest of our team.

Things like character and professionalism can help with team cohesion and cooperation. A team that's professional and works together to create character will likely enjoy playing more and be more motivated to play well so as to not let their other teammates down. If I don't care about my teammates, I'm going to have an awfully hard time crashing the net or dropping to block a shot for the sake of the team.

As soon as discussions come about then you know they are leaving.

There were discussions about Bieksa leaving years before he left and there were also rumours surrounding the twins leaving around the lockout as well. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're leaving.

Archived