The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Subban | D

X-Man

15 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I can't help it man, it's my sense of humour. I sincerely mean no harm. 

If Jordan Subban became a scoring machine in the NHL I'd be just as happy as the rest, I'd be even more excited to see how badly I'd be whipped in here. If he even makes his NHL debut ever in a Canucks jersey even if it's just 1 game it's a total loss for me. 

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Ive said enough, I'll be back when he is retired from hockey in May. 

Welcome back, It's May already? How did we do? Did we make the playoffs? How was Subban's season?

2 hours ago, stawns said:

putting him and alf on ignore was the best thing I've done to improve my cdc experience.   I only wish that included people quoting them

2 hours ago, bp79 said:

I had to block that guy, way too negative. I think JB has a plan with Subban and it didn't involve this season so why keep him up.  I think the plans was to let him be the top pairing guy and see if he has or continues to work on his D Might even be a bigger challenge looking at Utica's roster. Makes me wonder if it is the best place for Demkos development 

Alf is too over the top pretty much everywhere, where LaBamba is typically only bad in spots. If the Subban thread keeps getting worse then maybe I'll have to, but it takes a bit to make it to my ignore list.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

LaBamba is sarcastically negative though.

I think I have a pretty decent sense of humour, but he hits only maybe 1 in 10.  The repetitiveness and recycling of tired old "jokes" gets fatiguing.  The other thing is that he has a little cult following him who seem to think he's serious and perpetuate the inane negativity.

6 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Still waiting. 

LOL you made me go back and read the context. This was good stuff. For the record, I don't much like Subban either, never did. I think the issue people had at the time was more so that you were just going on and on and on. I thought you got at the time that that comment was a joke, because you even liked the post haha. You and I usually get along, but I can't tell if this "Still Waiting" comment is an attempt at a burn or something.

31 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

The other thing is that he has a little cult following him who seem to think he's serious and perpetuate the inane negativity.

Yeah, agree that's LB's biggest downside. Hard to fault him for other idiots actions though :lol:

33 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I think I have a pretty decent sense of humour, but he hits only maybe 1 in 10.  The repetitiveness and recycling of tired old "jokes" gets fatiguing.  The other thing is that he has a little cult following him who seem to think he's serious and perpetuate the inane negativity.

You can only sharpen a pencil so many times before it just gets too small, and stays dull.  

47 minutes ago, Aircool said:

LOL you made me go back and read the context. This was good stuff. For the record, I don't much like Subban either, never did. I think the issue people had at the time was more so that you were just going on and on and on. I thought you got at the time that that comment was a joke, because you even liked the post haha. You and I usually get along, but I can't tell if this "Still Waiting" comment is an attempt at a burn or something.

Not at all, you are an ally. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

I love winky boy and this post cuts me deep. I'm hurt. Shows how out of touch with reality I really am. 

58 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yeah, agree that's LB's biggest downside. Hard to fault him for other idiots actions though :lol:

My following is huge. I have a crew that goes around these boards and up votes every negative rep I get. It's funny when I say something outrageously stupid it's a battle between good and evil. Recently this happened I can't remember what the comment was but I ended up with like a -6 after +15 upvotes. I give it back though, i upvote my limit every chance I get. 

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

So you admit you actively and purposely troll?  And your LaBimbettes are there to dutifully cover your tracks?

If trolling is trying to make you smile winky boy then, guilty as charged. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

You can only sharpen a pencil so many times before it just gets too small, and stays dull.  

15 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Ya because pretending you're an alien = infinite laughter for all.  

Image result for surprised computer meme

I wish we could just close this thread and all Subban discussion for 2 years. 

He is a project, has always been a project and will continue to be a project. Either he learns to play D in the next couple years (which by all accounts he continues to both need work on and has improved) and adds that to his impressive offensive game or he doesn't and is a career AHL'er.

Well know more in ~2 years. 

13 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This one's for you Subban trolls, better get some kleenex because he scored the last game. :bigblush: (please don't kick your dogs when you see this.)

Scoring isn't his problem.  

We all know that.   Not once have I argued the kids ability to put up points.  

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Scoring isn't his problem.  

We all know that.   Not once have I argued the kids ability to put up points.  

Nobody here is going to argue the kid is a Norris candidate based on D alone. IF He can get his D level on the same level as Barrie or Krug Then we have a guy who can truly score from the backend along with Stetcher. I still think Edler will benefit playing with a guy like  troy and if JS can become Barrie level, not a far stretch. IT will also allow the Canucks to unload Tanev plus if needed to get a real top 6 winger this club needs.  Top 4 of Edler- Stetcher - Guddy -Hutton is pretty good with the bottom being Tram and js JS or Sbisa and JS, and I'm not talking about this year. tho I would move on Tanev if the perfect deal came along.

Archived