The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quarter poll prediction...

captaincowbasher

It all depends on if and how much the youth movement adds to the offence. Again the difficulty will be scoring goals. If this doesn't change, it may be a long season.

12-8-1 ... if there is help from the kids.

8-10-3 ... the goaltending will not win us many games.

Last year the Canucks were red-hot in the 1st quarter with a healthy Miller we could do the same. Markstrom's stats are unlikely to be as good as Lack's this year but he could surprise - that will be the biggest difference. Also we owned STL and played well against our "superior Pacific teams" so hopefully that will continue. Let's say 15-5-1.

It all depends on if and how much the youth movement adds to the offence. Again the difficulty will be scoring goals. If this doesn't change, it may be a long season.

12-8-1 ... if there is help from the kids.

8-10-3 ... the goaltending will not win us many games.

The Canucks were 8th (4th in west) in goals for... Goal scoring was not the issue last year. So I'm not sure how "again" this is a "difficulty"... A difficulty would've been 14th in the west. That would be concerning.

Did you look at the schedule, or is that just based on what you think their win percentage will be?

Although there are a few really tough games early on (Ducks - Kings - Blues) there's a lengthy road trip in November that could really get the team on a good roll (Sabres - Devils - BJs - Senators - Leafs - Habs - Jets).

I think they will be .500 or better at the quarter pole.

Thanks for actually looking at the schedule before answering!! Agreed, I could easily see 11-13 wins given that the "awful road trip" is primarily in the East.

So the 2015-16 season will be interesting..First quarter we will be 10-10-1 and we will go on to a 11th place

finish in the west...We will make some trades at trading deadline that will help us..I can see Prust 31, Burrows 34and Higgins 32 all need to be package in trades...All 3 players are great for a team wanting to have a playoff run..

We will see some of the young prospect play more since we will be out of playoff race..

West is a very very tough division with all teams improving..

1. Anaheim

2. St. Louis

3. L.A

4.Dallas

5.Chicago

6.Nashville

7.Winnipeg

8.Calgary

9.Colorado

10.Minnesota

11.Vancouver

12.Edmonton

13.San.Jose Sharks

14. Arizona..

We will be fine Willie is great for all the young guns the will be coming up...Willie is proven and we must keep this great coach around

during these tough next few years..Jim Benning will make the changes needed to make this team a contender again..

So the 2015-16 season will be interesting..First quarter we will be 10-10-1 and we will go on to a 11th place

finish in the west...We will make some trades at trading deadline that will help us..I can see Prust 31, Burrows 34and Higgins 32 all need to be package in trades...All 3 players are great for a team wanting to have a playoff run..

We will see some of the young prospect play more since we will be out of playoff race..

West is a very very tough division with all teams improving..

1. Anaheim

2. St. Louis

3. L.A

4.Dallas

5.Chicago

6.Nashville

7.Winnipeg

8.Calgary

9.Colorado

10.Minnesota

11.Vancouver

12.Edmonton

13.San.Jose Sharks

14. Arizona..

We will be fine Willie is great for all the young guns the will be coming up...Willie is proven and we must keep this great coach around

during these tough next few years..Jim Benning will make the changes needed to make this team a contender again..

Vrbata/ Hamhuis might fetch better returns

The Canucks were 8th (4th in west) in goals for... Goal scoring was not the issue last year. So I'm not sure how "again" this is a "difficulty"... A difficulty would've been 14th in the west. That would be concerning.

I don't believe that the scoring of last season was stable. Surely the older players will drop off slightly, leaving the new comers to pick up the slack.

It's the kids who are coming in who will make the difference, is they can. Our goaltending will suffer, and our defence is suspect.

If the scoring downfall isn't reestablished by the new-bes and the rookies... We'll be out of the playoffs.

Archived