The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks@Bruins Jan 21

LouKesBurr

I haven't been personally but I did have a friend that attended game 6. He said he was heckled and had crap thrown at him from the start to the end of the game. Even in pre game skate.

As a die hard, I wouldn't want to ever sell you against going and supporting the greatest sporting franchise of ALL time on the road but unless you have a box I wouldn't recommend mingling in that dumpster of a city.

The people are classless. The city is garbage other than some decent night life. It's a nice change for a couple nights from Vancouver's night life but I'd still rather die than live there.

Not to mention, your hard earned Canadian money would be leaving our economy and supporting that dumpster.

Sorry to be so negative.

Have not watched a hockey game in Boston but I have visited the city. Don't listen to these fear mongers, it's gotta be one of the most interesting cities in the USA.

They may heckle, but at least they haven't stabbed anyone like we did in Vancouver.

I haven't been personally but I did have a friend that attended game 6. He said he was heckled and had crap thrown at him from the start to the end of the game. Even in pre game skate.

As a die hard, I wouldn't want to ever sell you against going and supporting the greatest sporting franchise of ALL time on the road but unless you have a box I wouldn't recommend mingling in that dumpster of a city.

The people are classless. The city is garbage other than some decent night life. It's a nice change for a couple nights from Vancouver's night life but I'd still rather die than live there.

Not to mention, your hard earned Canadian money would be leaving our economy and supporting that dumpster.

Sorry to be so negative.

While I totally agree that what your friend went through is f'd up and should NEVER happen, I don't think OP will be in the same situation. Regular season game =/= Game 6 of the Finals. Nobody will be that amped up, might get heckled, but really it won't be anything bad. He'll be fine if he decides to go.

And I think were being a little excessive here.. It's a nice city, and not everyone is rude.

EDIT: Just a random story since it's relevant, when Cliff Lee was traded to the Yankess, his wife attended a game he was starting, and Lee was terrible, so the fans sitting around his wife were heckling the hell out of her and some even spat on her. Talk about brutal.

Sorry to be so negative.

God damn, Apollo, as if there isn't trash everywhere else. When alcohol is involved, who doesn't expect a vocal minority of fans to be hostile?

While I totally agree that what your friend went through is f'd up and should NEVER happen, I don't think OP will be in the same situation. Regular season game =/= Game 6 of the Finals. Nobody will be that amped up, might get heckled, but really it won't be anything bad. He'll be fine if he decides to go.

And I think were being a little excessive here.. It's a nice city, and not everyone is rude.

I had a buddy do a baseball stadium trip, hitting Boston and NY, among others. We all figured he, as an Angels fan, would have the toughest time in Yankee Stadium, but it was the Boston fans that were the worst to him, and this was during the regular season, FWIW. He even went to the bar afterwards with some of the Yankee fans.

It's a city I want to visit someday, but I don't hear good things in general about the people... granted, my sample size is pretty small.

I was actually considering going to this game myself. I have a couple of bruins friends down near boston I'm planning on meeting up with and hitting the game. If I can get the day off work. I won't have any flight deals but i did see the ramada Inn was cheap and a decent enough stay. Get what you pay for types like a best western.

Bruins fans are classless, I will say that straight up. It's not going to be ANYTHING like game 6 of the SCF though. The worse you'll probably get is drunk Bruin fans with their Bostonian accents saying "Canucks suck!!" and probably bring up 2011 some how and I can put up with that, but if you're still worried then just don't wear a canuck jersey. At the same time though I can see canuck fans treating Bruins fans the same way if we won that year.

Sorry to be so negative.

OK I get hating on the Bruins, but on the city of Boston? Sorry but that's ridiculous. Boston is a beautiful city, and is a great place to visit.

Have not watched a hockey game in Boston but I have visited the city. Don't listen to these fear mongers, it's gotta be one of the most interesting cities in the USA.

They may heckle, but at least they haven't stabbed anyone like we did in Vancouver.

Who stabbed who?

We who what?

No wait. Who is on first. What's on second? Where is third?

Pretty sure Why is Home.

Archived