The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Steven Stamkos believes McDavid already better than he is

RRypien37

if stamkos continues on his trajectory he'll be a third liner in 2 years

:picard::bored:

Yeah..

09-13 - 340pts in 294 games = 1.16 P/G average original production
13/14 - 1.08 P/G = 93.1% of former self remaining, 6.9% of original production lost
14/15 - 0.88 P/G = 75.8% of former self remaining 18.5% Y2Y, 2.5x faster degradation Y2Y
1.08 - 0.88 = 0.20P/G 0.20 P/G x 2.5 = 0.45P/G loss next year
15/16 - 0.43 P/G = 37% of former self remaining
0.45 x 2.5 = 1.13 P/G loss next year
16/17 - -0.70 P/G = -60% of former self remains, Stamkos ceases to exist, becoming less than nothing while still a liability to his club
Its worse than I thought. In two years Stamkos will cost his team 0.7 points per game, putting up a total of negative 57 points in 82 games.

13/14 - 1.08 P/G = 93.1% of former self remaining, 6.9% of original production lost

14/15 - 0.88 P/G = 75.8% of former self remaining 18.5% Y2Y, 2.5x faster degradation Y2Y

16/17 - -0.70 P/G = -60% of former self remains, Stamkos ceases to exist, becoming less than nothing while still a liability to his club

Its worse than I thought. In two years Stamkos will cost his team 0.7 points per game, putting up a total of negative 57 points in 82 games.

Stamkos is 25 years old, not 35.

You must think unicorns and fairies are real too, if you believe he will continue to trend downwards, at his age.

:picard:

Props to Stamkos for basically showing he has little to no ego for a 60 goal scorer former 1st overall pick himself.

Props? Stamkos has just seen the entire internet say 'no way, you're the best'. I saw this as a 100% ego boost.

I'll take stamkos's words over yours. McDynasty is the real deal.

Exactly, when Gretzky says he's the best player to enter the league since Lemieux as well as head and shoulders above Crosby.... That's when you should realize the kid is the real deal, but now to have Stamkos say this only validates that. Scary that we're gonna have this guy in our division for the next 15-20 years.

Exactly, when Gretzky says he's the best player to enter the league since Lemieux as well as head and shoulders above Crosby.... That's when you should realize the kid is the real deal, but now to have Stamkos say this only validates that. Scary that we're gonna have this guy in our division for the next 15-20 years.

Gretzky also said the best goalie of all-time was Grant Fuhr. So you know, don't hang on his every word. Plus, McDavid could leave Edmonton any time - by trade, or through UFA in c.2023. Don't get your heart set on seeing him torment Frankie Corrado for 1,000 games.

Gretzky also said the best goalie of all-time was Grant Fuhr. So you know, don't hang on his every word. Plus, McDavid could leave Edmonton any time - by trade, or through UFA in c.2023. Don't get your heart set on seeing him torment Frankie Corrado for 1,000 games.

My heart wasnt set on that as I don't currently see any D-man on our roster beyond maybe Hamhuis & Tanev having a 1000 game career. As for Fuhr, in the late 80s many felt that way. He also has 4+ cups and flags fly forever.

Did he say that before or after Edmonton won the lottery? Just out of curiosity.

Stamkos is 25 years old, not 35.

You must think unicorns and fairies are real too, if you believe he will continue to trend downwards, at his age.

When Stamkos is swallowed up by a rift in space-time sometime during the 16-17 season due to his points regression, fairies will be the least of our concerns.

One of the many reasons Stamkos is my favourite player in the league is because he doesn't have an ego like Evander Kane or Kesler, so it doesn't surprise me too much that Stammer would say something like that. I don't think McDavid is better than Stamkos now, but at some point in the next 2 or 3 years people will classify McDavid is better than Stamkos.

One of the many reasons Stamkos is my favourite player in the league is because he doesn't have an ego like Evander Kane or Kesler, so it doesn't surprise me too much that Stammer would say something like that. I don't think McDavid is better than Stamkos now, but at some point in the next 2 or 3 years people will classify McDavid is better than Stamkos.

Every NHL fanbase is now saying 'what a classy guy, no ego, we'd love him here, but he's dead wrong, he's one of the league's best players'.

In a contract year. Why are people not seeing this for what it is? A cold, calculated comment designed to give him additional leverage. I lost a lot of respect for Stamkos with this comment.

Archived