The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Steven Stamkos believes McDavid already better than he is

RRypien37

So glad the Oilers got McDavid. Would hate for another American franchise to get the next one.

I guess so. I was disappointed Toronto didn't get him because it would be cool to see him live whenever I went to a game. But in the end, he is in Canada at least. Imagine Arizona, Buffalo or Carolina with McDank? ew

So glad the Oilers got McDavid. Would hate for another American franchise to get the next one.

At least the Oilers didn't tank to get him. They were just naturally terrible.

And I doubt McDavid will be better than Stamkos this season, but that says a lot about Stamkos' character.

Would've been fine with me if that happened. Better than getting spanked for the next two decades by this guy if he lives up to the hype. And he probably will - but he's yet to play a game nothing is ever guaranteed entirely.

Not Arizona tho. Nobody wants to go there.

McDavid is still an unproven talent. His elite speed hasn't played with NHL speed yet, he's played against fellow Oilers prospects. He doesn't have Crosby's leg strength or stride, he doesn't have fantastic size, he doesn't have Crosby's vision or ability to be equally strong on the backhand. Nor does he have Stamkos shot or ability to score in many ways yet.

Archived