The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

22 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I wish. I was finishing the writing of a book and quarantined myself there for a week back in December. It was somewhat eerie being in a massive hotel with like 5 other guests. 

Stayed there few years back, very nice place, five sails restaurant has very lovely view.

27 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Who else is in CCIV ? Tomorrow should be another wild day, will run in the morning then without any announcement will tail off during the day. I got 1500 shares currently. If this gets announced I expect $50+ within 2 weeks. 

I should have, feel I am going to really regret it.  Pre-market is going to be stupid.

27 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Who else is in CCIV ? Tomorrow should be another wild day, will run in the morning then without any announcement will tail off during the day. I got 1500 shares currently. If this gets announced I expect $50+ within 2 weeks. 

I should have, feel I am going to really regret it.  Pre-market is going to be stupid.

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I have this one: MANCHESTER White lacquered desk with storage cabinet Desk 1 (structube.com)

She's a beauty. Fits 3 27" Samsung curved monitor and my laptop, and that's still only ~40% of the desk space. 

That is a nice desk but I can't stand white. Gonna have to be black or brown. At 70 inches how are you fitting 3 27's and a laptop with 40% space unused? Is one of the monitors above another? Or are they angled?

Think I am going to go with a quad monitor stand. I have a dual stand already. If need be I can use that if I need 2 more monitors. That way I won't need a desk with 30" depth.

3 hours ago, themcdeal said:

Dont day trade lol. Everyone thinks they're a genius/overestimates their abilities but forget that we're in the longest bull market ever.

A child could've made 100% return over the last few years by just picking a couple names they're familiar with.

Buy and Hold. 

You make a good point about people overestimating their abilities. But that's true about most things. I really wouldn't recommend day trading to most people as the average person is not suited to it.

Being in the longest bull market has little to do with active trading. Traders trade the market in both directions. Active traders make use of short selling techniques and leverage. You're not going to making use of those things while investing. A decent active trader will return more than 100% in a couple of years.

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

I have been trading for a living for about 22 years. First 17 years trading stocks both retail and prop. Was feeling pretty burned out and switched over to Forex and futures trading for about 5 years. Got the itch to switch back to stocks and did so recently.

Nothing beats working for yourself. Not having to answer to anyone is priceless.

The psychology of trading for yourself is very difficult. When you have to make money vs 'it would be nice if I made money' it's a totally different animal. The general rule is if you're going to attempt it is you must be properly capitalized and you need about 1 year's living expenses separate from your trading capital. Much easier to take on this endevor when you're young and have minimal expenses. When you have a spouse a kid(s) and a mortgage it just adds to the pressure.

And that's why I'm sticking with my job for Atleast a while now. 

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

missed the boat.

what else ya got :p 

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

missed the boat.

what else ya got :p 

I've never been this engrained in a single stock that I have almost completely blocked out everything else.. But here's what I got.. haha

CLOV almost bottomed out, should be due for a run.

4 SPAC merger votes this week. 

OAC aka Hims has the merger vote on Tuesday which will be approved, should get a nice pump from that.

GHIV aka United Mortgage Warehouse vote on Wednesday which will be approved, should get a nice pump from that.

ACAM aka CarLotz vote on Wednesday which will be approved, should get a nice pump from that.

NOVS aka AppHarvest vote on Friday which will be approved, should get a nice pump from that.

Finally FPAC which is a 550M SPAC, units split into Class A and Warrants tomorrow. This is Thomas Farleys SPAC, he's the former president of the NYSE and they're searching for Fintech. Warrants under $2 are a good price.

Edited by AriGold2.0

4 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

It's one of my largest position.  Got into the warrants at like $1.35~.  

Just reading the posts on Reddit about CCIV.... some people are seriously hardcore.  Tracking down Lucid's supposed private jet and with a telescope lens nearby the airport to take picture of the passengers to try to find some info about who's who, etc.  

14 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

That is a nice desk but I can't stand white. Gonna have to be black or brown. At 70 inches how are you fitting 3 27's and a laptop with 40% space unused? Is one of the monitors above another? Or are they angled?

Think I am going to go with a quad monitor stand. I have a dual stand already. If need be I can use that if I need 2 more monitors. That way I won't need a desk with 30" depth.

1 monitor is on an arm so I swing it out to the side. The desk depth is great.

but yeah it only comes in white, which worked for me. I have a navy leather desk mat on it that makes it look nice on zoom calls :lol: 

15 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Parked a ton in with an average in the 12s sold off enough to cover risk on the pop to the 20s now just riding free shares that hopefully convert to lucid 

GNPK warrants 1.60 entry. Likely targeting Sun County Airlines, who Amazon have a stake in.

Some more info:

Lead by David Siegel who serves as chairman of GNPK

David Siegel is chairman of Sun Country Airlines. 

Amazon has a stake in Sun Country Airlines, known as "Amazon Air"

Sun Country wanted to go public before Covid hit, and their IPO plans were shut down.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

GNPK warrants 1.60 entry. Likely targeting Sun County Airlines, who Amazon have a stake in.

Some more info:

Lead by David Siegel who serves as chairman of GNPK

David Siegel is chairman of Sun Country Airlines. 

Amazon has a stake in Sun Country Airlines, known as "Amazon Air"

Sun Country wanted to go public before Covid hit, and their IPO plans were shut down.

you think with the volatility in the air market anyone in that sector will have enough money to pursue this to fruition?