The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

On 10/19/2022 at 2:52 PM, ronthecivil said:

Broadcom ya cycles blah blah blah the world needs more chips for the foreseeable future. Until someone invents the biochip or the holochip or the quantum drive, we still need 'em.

Your brave buying the alt lenders. The high interest rates are stocking fears in the big boring banks (which I own). The issue would manifest itself more sharply in those markets when the Jones need to just let the Audi get repoed so they can move up to KD instead of Ramen.

My GSY is treading water but AVGO had a decent jump this week. I only took a 1% allocation in AVGO and will buy on weakness. Chips are 75% of sales. They are moving into solutions. We'll see whether GSY can keep growing their revenue and earnings. Their earnings growth next year is tagged at + 26%. 

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Facebook is down 30% today. Wow…

pumping billions of dollars per quarter into the metaverse will do that. The stock will absolutely rip if they announced a pause (or at least a scale down) on the metaverse thing and allocated tose funds to stock buy backs.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I remember paying 7.5% and 8.1% back in the late '70's. :) 

I wouldn't buy real estate right now unless I had too. Very little rental in my area. 

Sure, but back then the average home was what, 3x the average annual income? Now the average home is probably 10x the average annual income. 

If anyone’s ever heard of Fuse Cobalt ($FUSE), I’d recommend buying a good chunk of their shares. Their drilling results from a potential cobalt rich area are being released next week and if they’re what the company expects them to be, this stock is gonna absolutely take off. 

• Cheers 1