The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks prospects get drubbed 8 - 2

CanadianRugby

Who cares what their NHL roster is this year their window is just opening. It's not like our NHL roster is close to winning anything, got 3 playoff wins in last 4 years.

Your window is alway open when you finish bottom of the league every season.

The Panthers window has been open since they joined the league.

Jake running over McDavid showed he has plenty of guts and willing to do whatever it takes to win. The score in a prospects camp game is meaningless, as long as Big Jake proved he is ready to lay the law down. :emot-parrot:

Playing with veterans and learning from them is the best way to raise prospects, we have plenty of that, unlike the oilers.

Gaunce is the only one who impressed me tonight. Who gives a flying F about any big hit on Mcdavid? I want to see some bloody offense. Any fool can go around ramming people, and there's nothing impressive about it. Its actually makes you look stupid if that's all you do. if that's the only way you can get on the highlight reel. Its like hey everyone, look how hard I whacked this guy. Isn't that totally sick dude??

Overall it was a lot closer than the score indicated. The oilers had all the puck luck with lucky bounces and pucks going in off of our own players. There was no chemistry between the lines and d pairings besides the gaunce - mcCaan - fox line. The top line with Shinkaruk Virtanen and Cassels were not working together at all.

Individually Virtanen, Subban, And Hutton looked great though.

The sky isn't falling guys, it was the first game. Let's hope they find some chemistry and puck luck going forward.

Overall it was a lot closer than the score indicated. The oilers had all the puck luck with lucky bounces and pucks going in off of our own players. There was no chemistry between the lines and d pairings besides the gaunce - mcCaan - fox line. The top line with Shinkaruk Virtanen and Cassels were not working together at all.

Individually Virtanen, Subban, And Hutton looked great though.

The sky isn't falling guys, it was the first game. Let's hope they find some chemistry and puck luck going forward.

Agreed. It's just prospects

Dude, we had a free agent career minor leaguer in goal, what did you expect.

I thought Jake did what Jake does... fly down the wings, shoot from all angles and try his wrap-arounds. No surprises...he's a shat-disturber with high-end wheels and a big league shot and exactly that had the Oiler players focussed on him the whole game. Only thing I worry about with Jake is that playing in his hometown Province for his hometown team will be a lot of pressure on him as he maybe try's too hard to do too much.

The surprise for me was Hutton. He looks very intriguing and could be that PMD we've never had. Hopefully Green works his magic on him this year in Utica.

Looking forward to the next couple of games.

Amitriptyline....your comments are so completely off base. Sure the Canucks team of youngsters looked awful last night but to say that hitting in hockey makes you look stupid is a real naïve statement. A major part of the sport is hitting. Sure the offence stunk and the Canucks were trying to do everything individually but if the offense isn't working you need to impact the game in other ways and hitting is a major way of getting into the game and causing issues to the other team.

My view of the game is that the 3 players that stood out to me the most were Virtanen, Subban and Hutton. This could be because the broadcast crew was constantly mentioning them. The only line that looked any good together was Gaunce, McCann and Fox. However, I thought Fox was the weak link on the line.

The conditioning of the team looked horrible. They just seemed to run out of gas in the second period. Better luck next game.

Gaunce is the only one who impressed me tonight. Who gives a flying F about any big hit on Mcdavid? I want to see some bloody offense. Any fool can go around ramming people, and there's nothing impressive about it. Its actually makes you look stupid if that's all you do. if that's the only way you can get on the highlight reel. Its like hey everyone, look how hard I whacked this guy. Isn't that totally sick dude??

i feel like this will be the story of the next 3-5 years

I'm not surprised that we got killed. There is no comparing those 2 teams . We have extremely overestimated the skill of our over aged prospects. The average age of our prospect team is 21 compared to the oilers at 19 and they schooled us 8-1. It doesn't matter because we will attract UFA to play here because we are a playoff team every year and don't need to Draft talent. Our trades with in the last 2 seasons also shows that we don't need to rely on quality prospects. Instant rebuild! Just make some trades. Canucks win the cup in 5 years lol

Archived