The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat as a top 6 winger?

Sedin Brothers

A little harsh there. I disagree with the idea too, but wtf? He made his points eloquently and put thought into his post. No need to throw a tantrum.

Whoa! Slow down, bud...

Edit- And it's perfectly clear he did not "put thought into his post". If he actually thought about it he'd see how completely ridiculous a proposition it is. Seriously, like, duhhh..

With the Sedins getting older and older, I wouldn't be surprised with the 1 / 2 / 3 lines being similar in ice time so I wouldn't see the point in it too much. Also he's our best faceoff guy so thats another reason.

Where you reward Bo is with a more consistent 2nd powerplay unit time.

I'm with slapshot, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Bad idea or not, it's no need to be an ass and tell him to die. Last thing the world needs is another keyboard tough guy..

So he should die?

Ok then.....

It's a figure of speech, might seem harsh, but it seemed appropriate given the situation...

I bet you guys are fun to work with....

it's crap like this that makes this board worse. I can't even imagine coming up with this on the best drugs in BC. No, just no.

I was going to ignore crap like this, but how ironic.

I bet you are loads of fun to be around. I bet all the chicks just love to hang out with someone with this mindset.

It's really not THAT out of the ordinary. Kesler played time on the wing, too.

Before I get publicly ridiculed for making two threads in one day, I would like to point out that teams have experimented with putting a highly-valued talent on the wing merely to get them on the ice. Examples would be Jonny Drouin and Elias Lindholm both playing RW, despite both being natural C's.

This would help a lot. It would possibly put too many question marks on the 2nd line, but the third line would be pretty good. The only concern I have for the second line would be Horvat/Baert pairing - does it have enough experience to be effective? Maybe Burrows could fill that line?

Possible lines with this scenario:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Horvat-Suter-Burr/Baert

Burr/Baert-Vey-Hansen

Prust-McCann-Dorsett

Virtanen, Gaunce, Kenis?

Bye Higgins

Miller

Markstrom

They were moved to the wing because they were lousy in the draw and defensive liabilities. Horvat's biggest strengths are in the faceoff circle and playing a solid 2 way game, so No. Moving him to the wing makes no sense and will never happen!

Honestly yes Horvat should get top 6 minutes, but ugh here we go again, higgins and Hansen are gods in Vancity,someone call Benning to make statues of those two guys. It's beyond me, honestly why the heck Hansen and Higgins get top 6 minutes. Heck, they fail to produce on the powerplay, they fail to produce offensively yet they get offensive minutes! Wait for it, someone will say something like oh they are defensively responsible lol yep more of the same. Sutter will take 2nd line duties even though he is never going to be a 2nd liner and Higgins and Hansen will fight for the top 6 spot next to him, while Vrbata skates around shooting pucks and Burrows again gets top line minutes, even though teams know how to shut down the Sedins and him.

Change is coming.

I would go

Horvat on the 2nd line with vrbata

sutter on third with higgins

hansen on 4th and vey in the top 6 since he actaully has SKILL, hate on vey all you want but Vey is going to surprise this year.

Horvat is most effective as a C. He has the strength, the face-off prowess and the defensive ability to be a shut down C for us.

He certainly has the talent to both score goals and make plays. But I think putting him on the wing would be wasting his other talents. Why pigeon hole a guy who can do it all?

He seems to play well when given responsibility. The fact that he came in as a kid and wasn't, a single time, asked to play wing speaks volumes. Keep him where he's at. Him & McCaan will make a terrific 1-2 punch.

Archived