The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Arizona 0 vs. Vancouver 1 | Pre-season | Sep. 28, 2015 | 7:00 PM PDT | SNET-1

-Vintage Canuck-

Saving it for the regular season.

Yah, I keep hearing this. Nobody that matters tries in the preseason, especially our team captain, right guys? Doesn't that mean the opposing team isn't really trying either? I don't expect them to put on a clinic, but zero points is pathetic for our superstar twins. Half their passes aren't even close. If everyone's theory is correct and they are purposely not trying, I would think Virtanen should be a little choked fighting for a roster spot with a couple millionaires just going through the motions.

Yah, I keep hearing this. Nobody that matters tries in the preseason, especially our team captain, right guys? Doesn't that mean the opposing team isn't really trying either? I don't expect them to put on a clinic, but zero points is pathetic for our superstar twins. Half their passes aren't even close. If everyone's theory is correct and they are purposely not trying, I would think Virtanen should be a little choked fighting for a roster spot with a couple millionaires just going through the motions.

Your point at the end is a good one. They'll be gone in a couple of years.

This might be a senseless stupid question but can you play your 9 games in Utica? Before being sent to Jr?

Good question - but I don't think so. CHL eligible players can't play in the AHL - but can in the NHL. Loophole in the CBA.

I am pretty sure not, the CHL has rights to players in the certain age range to protect their product / league. However I believe they can play in the AHL on a conditioning stint after an injury but you can't fake that stuff. I believe that's what Horvat went through last year where he played 5 games before returning.

Archived