The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your biggest concern for the Canucks heading into this season?

homersexual

For me, it has to be defense. After top 3, Edler, Hamhuis, and Tanev. You have either Sbisa, Weber or maybe Hutton as the #4? Bartkowski might be serviceable, but as a top 6/7. I think the Calgary defense had about twice as many points than the Canucks defense last year.

I think the goaltending will be fine.

The forwards should be steady again this year.

Lots of unknown with the 3 rookies and the newcomers. Really too early to tell if all 3 can/will stick with the team. Baer looks good playing with Horvat, but not too sure about Sutter playing with the twins.

My biggest concern is how we will score goals.

Young guys although promising can't be counted on for offense.

Sedins are getting older and could get injured (thin scoring depth).

Benning largely traded off (either through trades or signings) offense for other attributes -- leadership, physicality, defensive ability, size, speed, etc.

Biggest concern for me is rushing the young guys. Can really help us now and for the next 15 years but could turn them into busts. We are going to be a bubble team like it or not but rushing young guys like Edmonton scares me quite a bit. Hopefully management is right that they are ready for the big times but you just never know.

Scoring. After the Sedins it's a crapshoot on who'll be able to amp up their game and contribute. Will Vrbata be able to score 30 again?Will Sutter surpass 20 goals? Can the young guns regularly score? How many goals from the D this year? If the Canucks are to exceed expectations and contend for the playoffs they will have to have to have a balanced offense. Can't sorely rely on the Twins anymore.

Sven Baertschi (I can actually spell his name now).....He is going to be the straw that stirs the drink on the 2nd line..If he delivers,all of a sudden,it makes the Canucks a legit threat.

He's already demonstrated his playmaking skill,...now,its a question of consistently showing up,and not becoming invisible.

We have a lot of "ifs," if the kids play well, if our goaltending is great, if Sutter fits in well, if the twins have a good year, if the defence holds up, if we remain fairly healthy. How many of the ifs are going to go our way.

Defense, but not necessarily our starting D corp. It's our defensive depth that concerns me. Late in the season when we lose 2-3 regulars on D, who will step in? After Hutton and Biega, it's practically non-existent, especially seeing as we just lost Corrado.

Archived