The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good Woman with a Gun Shoots Up Home Depot Parking Lot

Jägermeister

Well Home Depot does seem like a dangerous place.

I web searched for "Home Depot shooting 2015", and got these results.

Auburn Hills, MI Oct 2015

Payson, AZ Oct 2015

Hoover, AL Sept 2015

Overland Park, KS Aug 2015

Reno, NV 2015

Kent, WA July 2015

Sacramento, CA June 2015

Emeryville, CA Feb 2015

Manhattan, NY Jan 2015

Thornton, CO Jan 2015

While she may have meant well, she is horribly misguided about what a gun is allowed to be used for. I'm sure they should have covered that in a concealed carry course (I'm assuming they have a course for it). I'd slap her with a fine and suspend or take away her permit, throwing her in jail wouldn't do much to help this situation.

While she may have meant well, she is horribly misguided about what a gun is allowed to be used for. I'm sure they should have covered that in a concealed carry course (I'm assuming they have a course for it). I'd slap her with a fine and suspend or take away her permit, throwing her in jail wouldn't do much to help this situation.

Meant well?

The casual indifference to life is sure something...

What if you don't know that she's shooting at shoplifters, as absurd as that is? What if you think she's another lunatic with a gun this time shooting off in a parking lot? Would another concealed carry user be justified in putting her down? I guess this applies to any scenario. Such as a shooting in a store. Or in a school. How do you identify who's "good" and who's "bad"? Real life isn't Call of Duty where friend and foe are easily distinguishable.

What if you don't know that she's shooting at shoplifters, as absurd as that is? What if you think she's another lunatic with a gun this time shooting off in a parking lot? Would another concealed carry user be justified in putting her down? I guess this applies to any scenario. Such as a shooting in a store. Or in a school. How do you identify who's "good" and who's "bad"? Real life isn't Call of Duty where friend and foe are easily distinguishable.

Exactly. Pulling your gun out to shoot into a crowd at a target over a petty theft does little to differentiate yourself between vigilante and psychotic trigger happy nut.

Also what gives her the right to shoot somebody over a petty theft. Are people allowed to shoot somebody over any crime? If I see my neighbor using an illegal substance do I have the right to intervene with a concealed firearm? What if I see someone driving recklessly? Do I have the right to shoot them to the streets safer? What if I see a 10 year old shop lifter? Do I have the right to shoot 10 year old shoplifters? Only if they run?

Would we be happy if the police were given permission to gun down people Judge Dredd style over any crime if they didn't submit immediately? If the police are not allowed (or not "allowed"*wink wink*) to use lethal force in such a scenario, then a civilian should not be either. This was not a case of self defense in the slightest.

She, a civilian, discharged a firearm in public in an attempt to assault at best, and murder at worst, two other civilians, recklessly endangering the lives of many bystanders. That is a clear criminal act.

Being pro-gun doesn't necessarily mean you're supporting people being trigger happy.

Using a firearm to defend yourself and others is one thing, but attempting to shoot down a thief that's already being chased by the proper people is a completely different matter.

Now if that person was trying to hijack her car in the attempt to get away.... now she might have a case.

Besides keeping an obvious loose cannon off the streets? You make it seem like she made some petty technical infraction. She tried to kill someone. If someone assaults you or armed robbers break into your house, defend yourself, sure. But shooting at freaking shoplifters? Is she insane?

Setup. Fake.

You can tell because the woman saw the theft and actually cared.

I agree... This story is so over the top.

Someone with a conceal and carry permit is probrably one of the most pro gun people you are going to meet and these types of pro gun people take gun ownership and safety seriously. There is no way in my mind that a person with a legitimate conceal and carry permit would commit such a stupid move.

clearly ANOTHER setup by the anti gun (anti freedom) movement.

Thank goodness this woman was there to almost put a stop to this heinous crime. I'm sure the populace of that town are glad that such a smart and brave women like her can carry a concealed weapon, obviously for the protection of everyone around her.

But seriously, lol. And the fact that police have to decide whether or not to press charges is ludicrous, she opened fire in a crowded area at petty thieves, how is she in any way legally justified in her actions?

Classic America.

A police spokeswoman told a WXYZ reporter

Er, are you sure this isn't satire?

How has this lady not been charged with a firearms related crime. Last time I checked, even in the US it is illegal to shoot a fleeing shoplifter.

More guns would have stopped this from happening. Isn't that how it goes?

How has this lady not been charged with a firearms related crime. Last time I checked, even in the US it is illegal to shoot a fleeing shoplifter.

More guns would have stopped this from happening. Isn't that how it goes?

Hell yeah mang! Owning 42% of the worlds civilian owned guns isn't enough. We need moar guns to stop the guns! Yeeehaw!

BAFLRD9.gif

Archived