The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 5 - Flames 1

TheRussianRocket.

Because it was technically an own-goal for Calgary, which don't have assists. At least that's probably what the point trackers were considering it to be.

Yea but Burrows shot the puck and Wideman deflected it. He never had possession of the puck.

Thoughts

-Commentators were surprisingly unbiased, even had a Sedin hard on which I liked

-Hutton was solid, McCann not bad at all

-Not many negatives other than Sbisa giveaway/Hudler goal

-Miller looks poised

-Virtanen will probably slot in for one of Prust or Dorsett when they play a less emotional game or lose one

I think the fourth line could use his speed.

Prust is a good guy for chucking the mitts, but he seems to slow down that line a bit.

I'm thinking you keep both Prust and Dorsett in for Saturday. The Flames will pull their usual crap if (when) the game gets away from them.

I'm thinking you keep both Prust and Dorsett in for Saturday. The Flames will pull their usual crap if (when) the game gets away from them.

Yea you're probably right.

It would be nice to see Virtanen throw his weight around though. If Ferklund's gonna do it, we'll send Virtanen out to drill their skilled guys.

Ferland continues to get a free pass from the refs for his charging.

He tried a slew foot on a Canuck player too which wasn't called.

Dirty thug. I would really like to see Virtanen or someone else take him down a couple notches.

Although it would be a waste of Virtanen sitting in the box.

Thing is, if you keep Dorsett and Prust in for Saturday, you want them in for the Ducks too. When does Jakie play? :sadno:

Virtanen said he was angry watching the playoffs last year (calgary vs van).... i think he would definitely go after ferland cuz hes a bit of a hot head but quite honestly i wouldn't want virtanen fighting him. ferland is listed at 225 on some sites and he can definitely throw em' in the fights ive seen.

Lets not forget what prust and dorsett did for the team. Fighting from the get go and showing their goons that running us over won't be easy this year. So much better then kassian tbh. Kassian is a huge guy but plays most of the time like a wellwood and once in a while becomes good.

The young guys were amazing!

miller was great!

sbisa looked imo actually was very good for the role on the 3rd pair.

tanev and hutton prefect fit.

defense looked really good

4lines that can all crash the net and cause problems. This is a team I want to see every night! obviously we will have off nights and losses but overall this looks like a improve team from last year.

Willie and JB if given the time will make an awesome team.

Amazing what one game can do this board. Canucks will be a playoff team. We might do it pretty or because our roster is stacked on paper but if the players outwork teams and play smart we will be an solid team.

WOAH!

Archived