The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 5 - Flames 1

TheRussianRocket.

I don't think you'll hear Henrik come out and say anything more than that. I don't know what Willie's opinion on Hutton is, and it may be the same, but either way when your #1 player/ team captain/ 15 year vet wants a player on the team, you play him. Hutton's staying as long as he plays well, and so far he has deserved it.

Henrik sounds like a future coach

while everyone praises hutton, and the twins with sutter, i think tanev had his best game as a canuck. he really showed that he's the defensive general on this team. hammer had a good game-- getting shots on goal, and was a lot more aggressive offensively. he made a couple mistakes, but thats the risk you take when you decide to open your game up. i liked what prust brought. he silently just did his thing and was great on the PK when asked. getting scoring from everyone is a breath of fresh air. people questioning burrows coming into this year, because, like the twins, is aging, but these guys are well conditioned to compete. burrows was everywhere

great game

No doubt, Tanev had a real good game. It's expected of him now as he's one of the vets on this team.

Not surprising that everyone is more interested in talking about the new comers and young kids. This fan base has been clamoring for a young Dman like Hutton and now it seems we have our future top pairing Dman and PP QB. Also you can't help but be excited about the way McCann played. His line was the real 2nd line tonight.

Love how first game, the Canucks specifically the Sedins silence the critics on many things.

Can they score? Can they play gritty and tough? Can the defence hold up? Will the rookies hold their own? Can Miller hold down the fort?

Yes it's game 1 of an 82 schedule, but what a great statement game to say don't count us out yet.

"You are Braver than you believe, You are stronger than you seem, and Smarter than you think you are" - Christopher Robin

The Phlegms just had a rude awakening. They know they beat us last season by having a horseshoe up their asses.

Im looking at their forward group and im not impressed at all.

This exactly. If we had a bounce here and there we would've beaten them in 5 or less. But either way I couldn't be happier about how we played tonight.

That was a really fun game to watch. Love the way the boys played in the third. Really controlled the pace. Second period was a little abnormal due to all the penalties, didn't really see the lines really rolling until the late 5 minute mark. Feels good to get that win over Calgary in their barn.

I think the Burrows - McCann - Hansen line has extreme potential. What a shot by the Honey Badger.

That sauce pass to Daniel from Henrik was pretty damn nice.

Overall, feels good to get that win. Now let's do it on home ice.

Great start to the season. In my mind, the three key issues heading into this game were:

-Miller had to be good

-Sbisa had to be kept on a leash, everyone else does their job

-Resolve drama with Bollig (Canuck killer lol) and Ferland (big bad bully lol)

Saying "Sedins should be dominant and Sutter had better fit in" is a no-brainer, but that is another thing that will have to keep up if the season was to go well. That final dagger goal by Henrik was absolutely incredible, with Sutter using smarts and grit to get it to Daniel, to Henrik.

As for my other points, Miller kept the Canucks in it early on.

Dorsett fight off the bat I thought was great. Get the artificialness over (but on a player to "deserved" it) and just focus on playing the game. The Prust one felt unnecessary, but I thought it did make the whole Bollig hot streak look like a joke. Once that was done, the game was surprisingly clean.

Lastly, Sbisa was absolutely horrible. In the final minute and a half when he got the puck, I was so full of anxiety. But, he managed to make a decent play in the last 2 minutes of the game. Other than that, simply a horrible pizza on the sole goal, and I was SO pissed during the scrum when he wouldn't settle down when it was all basically over. Ugh. Something must be done.

So, my three keys seem to have been resolved. I think this season vs. Calgary is a fresh start. Screw last year.

Agree with everything except Bold… I liked our post-whistle pushback tonight from everyone. With no stupid penalties given up.

I don't think you'll hear Henrik come out and say anything more than that. I don't know what Willie's opinion on Hutton is, and it may be the same, but either way when your #1 player/ team captain/ 15 year vet wants a player on the team, you play him. Hutton's staying as long as he plays well, and so far he has deserved it.

I was talking to Blackberies earlier on this subject and pretty much said the same thing about Henrik wanting Hutton on the team. If he said this in the media imagine what he said privately to Benning and Linden. And Henrik is obviously not the only one. The whole room knows what Hutton could do and they wanted him on the team on day 1. When your Captain and former league MVP wants a player on the team you make room for him. I'm sure coaches and mgmt felt the same way.

Archived