The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Upcoming Trade Deadline

Gandhi

I'm thinking we'd need to add.

Personally I kind of hope Benning roles the 1sts we presumably get from Vrbata/Hamhuis (plus likely an add as well) in to 2nd or 3rd overall for Chychrun.

We've all got to have dreams.... : :D

Just seems like JB is a guy who would love to get a 20-21 year old dman who is much more of a sure thing. I'm not sure Vrbata brings back a 1st either.

and that's the trick isn't it. Tough pill to swallow to let those two go when playoffs are going to happen.

We will be in the playoffs this year and if virtanen McCann and Hutton work out then we can do without those two.

It's my wish that vrbata and Hamhuis are both dealt. That would give us 3 first round picks in the next draft likely all between 20 and 30 overall

That could be the key to drafting the defenseman we have been talking about.

Just out of curiosity sake. What does cdc think 3 first rounders between 20 and 30 overall could get us to move up?

A top 3????

Letting go of Hamhuis would be hard considering his experience in the playoffs, however Vrbata proved last season that he is not built for the playoffs.

I don't understand why people want to trade Edler so much. He is our number one D. Though really not a great number one D he is not paid like a great number one D. It is not his fault that he has to play higher than he probably should, that is the clubs fault.

He is solid, good though not the most accurate shot and moves the puck well. He is paid reasonably and there is absolutely no-one in the organization close to replacing him.

I don't see either him or Hamhuis getting moved as our organizational depth on D sucks. The loss of Corrado compounds our depth issue. It is not like we have an elite prospect sitting the A waiting for a spot. Hutton won his spot and the next call ups are Biega, Pedan and maybe Subban-not good (for now).

We could lose a forward at the deadline but I bet Benning is currently working the phones looking for another Pedan/Clendenning type trade. Still think the most sense would be to look at something like Burrow's package to MTL for Tinordi. MTL in win now and needs veteran French, scoring, playoff tested presence. They have some room under the cap and we could really use a big net clearing presence. I can dream, but don't think the big guys would sign off on a Burrows trade.

Interesting. How many other teams need veteran French scoring playoff tested presences?

As for trading Vrbata early... it won't happen as most contenders are up against the cap and couldn't add a cap hit like Vrbatas until later in the season. I think for sure Vrbata is gone at the trade deadline and a smaller possibility Hamhuis is as well. I personally would rather keep Hamhuis in the organization long term. :)

It's also not prudent because it means they get him most of the year which helps increase their season standings thereby giving us a corresponding lower pick, not to mention taking his production away from our team over the same period.

We will be a top team in the west this year!

Extend Hamuis for one more year.

Trade Vrbata mid season to the team who will win the lottery 1st pick. Hello Austin Matthews! LOL Would be nice though :)

Trade Vrbata at the deadline for a 1st + pick and or prospect.

Either way Virtanen takes the spot for Vrbata.

Win Win Win !!!

Next year trade Hamuis.

No, a few of them yes but not all in one year.

If the Canucks are actually out of the playoffs, then I'm all for shipping out everyone they don't plan to keep long-term.

I could see keeping Hamhuis and Burrows until they retire perhaps.

And I don't really mind keeping Higgins or Hansen to the end of the road as well. But if that isn't the plan, and they're out of the playoffs, no sense holding back.

1. Trades no matter where we are in the standings:

Vrbata - hes a top 6 goal scorer, we should get a 1st+.. Or 2x 2nds +

Prust - this is the plan if theres a market for him. he wants to win a cup, and wont be re-signing in Van. maybe get our 3rd back. (i think this is what Mtl/Van secretly agreed to.)

2. Id look at trading Hammer and signing him back to a hometown discount in the offseason. This HAS to be a consideration as Dan would love to stay in Vancouver, but he could get us another 1st rounder should he agree to play short term in another contending market.

3. Moving on from Higgins/Hansen. IDK if therell be much of a market for them, but the push is significant already from beneath them, thus might as well save the cap space for a bigger target... Ladd, Okposo, Lucic, Brouwer, Big Buff... Were going to get bigger and tougher one way or another, THIS I am sure of.

If the Canucks are actually out of the playoffs, then I'm all for shipping out everyone they don't plan to keep long-term.

I could see keeping Hamhuis and Burrows until they retire perhaps.

And I don't really mind keeping Higgins or Hansen to the end of the road as well. But if that isn't the plan, and they're out of the playoffs, no sense holding back.

if we add to many rookies all at once we will become a bottom feeder, I'd only add one more if we ship someone out at the deadline and let them learn to be competitive from the vets.

Archived