The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames vs Canucks 3-2 OT Loss

Hodgson!!

I hope it doesn't come to that either but I will not be surprised if it does. JB and WD seem to see Higgins as a key player while I see him as redundant and a road block to the likes of Gaunce getting in the line up. We have enough of the defensively responsible type of interchangeable players. We need more offensive threats.

I like McCann too. We need to get even faster. More d men who move the puck quick like Hutton, and more fast skating forwards like McCann and Virtanen. Higgins should be put on waivers.

Nice turnover in overtime Sutter, thanks for the lose. Sigh.......

Sutter was out of gas at the end of a 1:20 min shift...he stole the puck from Johnny Putz and turned to pass it to Sedin...it was just a great play by Wideman to block the pass which deflected right back to the aforementioned midget.

Jake is all we need to get it over the hump.

Sutter was out of gas at the end of a 1:20 min shift...he stole the puck from Johnny Putz and turned to pass it to Sedin...it was just a great play by Wideman to block the pass which deflected right back to the aforementioned midget.

Jake is all we need to get it over the hump.

Hey! Johnny like to be referred to as a little person. Although midget, dwarf, or even smurf are accurate, he finds them insulting. :)

Nice turnover in overtime Sutter, thanks for the lose. Sigh.......

You're going to see a lot of that in 3-on-3. A play fails to spring a 2-on-1 in one direction becomes a 2-on-1 in the other direction. That's the nature of what it is...get used to it. IMO, it's only slightly less of a gimmick than the shootout.

A win definitely would have been great... but overall, no disappointment in loss. It's not only just the beginning of the season, but we had beaten them 5-1 the previous game, and made them work to beat us this time - while taking a point in OT. Considering the Flames had beaten us in the playoffs and were supposed to hve improved dramatically this offseason - heck, one of their fans sent Benning a bouquet of flowers for our supposedly lousy offseason - this past couple games should be a huge morale boost.

Benning made a huge mistake losing Corrado in the waivers, but the blueliners we have are looking pretty good. Don't stop believing...

While I agree, the 4th line did not look good, and was slow, this post is why I can never understand CDC. "VEY SUCKS!" "VEY CAN'T PLAY ON THE 4th LINE!" "CRACKNELL'S BETTER!" "VEY SUCKS!" Now that he's been demoted. "BAERTSCHI AND VRBATA SUCK." "VET WAS OKAY." "VEY CAN PLAY THE 4th LINE!" Come on guys. Stop it. Just stop.

You can't understand that this is a public forum and different people might have different opinions...?

A win definitely would have been great... but overall, no disappointment in loss. It's not only just the beginning of the season, but we had beaten them 5-1 the previous game, and made them work to beat us this time - while taking a point in OT. Considering the Flames had beaten us in the playoffs and were supposed to hve improved dramatically this offseason - heck, one of their fans sent Benning a bouquet of flowers for our supposedly lousy offseason - this past couple games should be a huge morale boost.

Benning made a huge mistake losing Corrado in the waivers, but the blueliners we have are looking pretty good. Don't stop believing...

What were the flowers for again, the Kass trade or the bonino trade? Both trades are looking good now. ;)

You can't understand that this is a public forum and different people might have different opinions...?

I know it cracks me up when people think CDC is all one person. I have to admit that's would be one messed up guy if it were.

The Good:

Second Line. Had a great game, dominated. Were our only bright spot in the third.

PP. Clicked! Always a good sign!

McCann. GRATZ MAN! First goal!!!

The second period. Fantastic period of hockey by the Canucks.

Miller. Stole the show.

Hutton. Solid, solid, solid. I love this kid!

Sbisa. Honestly thought he played pretty well tonight.

The Bad.

The third period. Simply awful. Calgary deserved that win, Miller single handedly held us in it. Horrible period of hockey. Needs to be 1000x better.

Hamhuis and Bartowski. Neither played well, especially Hammer. Looked lost out there.

The 4th line. Got hemmed in way too much. Had one or two alright shifts, but needed to be better. Especially Cracknell.

The Offense. Didn't do enough when it mattered, especially in the third. Though Daniel did have that glorious chance.

Yo man, this is by far the best assessment of the game.

I still don't understand why people hate Sbisa after Saturday's game. All game his passes weren't picked off unlike the other D men. He played a super simple game and just chipped everything out or made good short outlet passes. Can people please start watching the games before commenting.

And yes, Bart had a few bad giveaways but don't remember them becoming goals against. However, the 2nd goal was all Hammer as he took out Bart and missed the Calgary player and Bart injured a bit after that.

Yo man, this is by far the best assessment of the game.

I still don't understand why people hate Sbisa after Saturday's game. All game his passes weren't picked off unlike the other D men. He played a super simple game and just chipped everything out or made good short outlet passes. Can people please start watching the games before commenting.

And yes, Bart had a few bad giveaways but don't remember them becoming goals against. However, the 2nd goal was all Hammer as he took out Bart and missed the Calgary player and Bart injured a bit after that.

Hammer is fast moving to a third pairing guy on our team. After watching these last two games, I'm wondering if we can get much on trade for him now?

Hammer is fast moving to a third pairing guy on our team. After watching these last two games, I'm wondering if we can get much on trade for him now?

Hammer usually starts slow, but it's worth tracking. Maybe this year will be the repeat of the mess Bieksa went through last year.

Edit: Or what HC20.0 said.

Archived