The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames vs Canucks 3-2 OT Loss

Hodgson!!

Hammer is fast moving to a third pairing guy on our team. After watching these last two games, I'm wondering if we can get much on trade for him now?

I remember he got off to a bad start in 2013-14 under Torts...I'm sure he'll be able to turn it around..Its crazy on this board how some peeps jump to the worst case scenario conclusion ...after only two games.. :sadno:

I remember he got off to a bad start in 2013-14 under Torts...I'm sure he'll be able to turn it around..Its crazy on this board how some peeps jump to the worst case scenario conclusion ...after only two games.. :sadno:

and 3 out of a possible 4 points...

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Virtanen-Horvat-Vrbata

Baerschi-McCann-Hansen

Burrows-Cracknell-Dorsett

But burr shouldn't and won't be on the 4th, he's to important of a player to be getting 4th line ice time.

You should probably smash your head on the wall for even suggesting it.

glad we got a point despite not showing up at all in the 3rd period.. i hope that's just as not showing up in the 3rd.. and not the other team absolutely dominating us and we can't keep up.. whatever.. we got 3/4 points.. this team is a work in progress anyways as long as we keep playing the young kids and the game is competitive i don't really care about the result too much..

It really is not just two game's for Hammer sadly, it has been more of a 2+ year decline and I honestly hope someone still overpays for him come deadline time... That "cover the pass" to the ghost Flame who was nowhere in OT was just aweful, Sutter actually made a great play just before, unfortunately Wideman made an even better play jumping on top of that puck with a swipe... But watching how Hamhuis played that over and over was just aweful.

Canucks played way too passive with Gaudreau on the ice. Jus hit him on his ass.

I agree.

Beiga last season was the only D I have seen who when in doubt took the man. That's why he was good and why he seldom was passed on the ice.

If you stand off players like Gaudreau they will damage you.

With Willie d .. 4th line ice time is first line ice time though...

Last game ice time...

First line about 20 mins

Second line about 16 mins

Third line about 15 mins

Forth line about 11 mins

I'm not sure where this myth that WD just rolls lines came from but it's not true and players on the 4th get a lot less time. It would be a total wast to have one of our better players on the 4th line, sorry.

Last game ice time...

First line about 20 mins

Third line about 15 mins

Forth line about 11 mins

I'm not sure where this myth that WD just rolls lines came from but it's not true and players on the 4th get a lot less time. It would be a total wast to have one of our better players on the 4th line, sorry.

Last year they had a different line up. Remember the "three 3rd lines" talk? This year, they're constructed more traditionally.

Having said that, I think that under Willie, the lines have been logging ice time close to what you have observed this year. The difference between Willie and AV and Torts is that the all players are getting at least 10 minutes. This keeps everybody engaged, fresh (not over played) and helps team building and morale.

Torts was playing the 4th line only 3 or 4 minutes some nights.

Last game ice time...

First line about 20 mins

Third line about 15 mins

Forth line about 11 mins

Only because of PP's and icing calls

Glad to hear McCann get his first goal. I mean that literally. Was in a cabin in the woods in the interior and could only get the game on radio in the car. Reception was clear for McCann's goal... Could hear the announcer at Rogers making it official. Makes for an interesting memory. Was so hoping we'd get it in OT.

Archived