The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks lose 2-1 in an OTL

Odd.

Just because Daniel Sedin has missed a wide open net goal having the puck go above the Crossbar by accident in the 3rd Period when of course we could have won our game in regulation 2-1, certainly does NOT mean I will be booing him nor his brother for our loss in the 5-minute of 3-on-3 overtime period at all.

They just have to instead be playing harder, thinking smarter and should be having better luck the next time they see a wide open net chance right in front of them in regulation or skate faster, pass the puck a lot quicker to each other and shoot the puck right at the net very quickly to win the game whenever they play in the 5-Minute 3-on-3 Overtime Period again!

I don't really know about any of you but I am giving them credit for the great chances that they have had and I would be telling them they have been working very hard up to their best they have most certainly played tonight and in my opinion losing in overtime is way better than losing in regulation in Regular Season!

I would like our team to get at least 1 or 2 points throughout most of our 82 games in the regular season and then our team maybe turning out to be a very tough one! And now I would like to say: We have had a successful game for avoiding a loss ending in regulation even though we may not have been playing at our very best to win it all in the 3-on-3 Overtime Period! Now have Greater Luck Canucks players and start to take us on another Game Point-Streak that all begins Thursday night!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!

The puck has to start going in soon for Vrbata he's not playing poorly just can't find his shot yet this year. It's inevitable he will though he's a pro.

Yeah, I want to be there for his bounce back. Stats-wise and by the eye test, he's the definition of snake bit right now.

That was the worst open-net miss I've ever seen.

Then Daniel put the cherry on top by misplaying the 2-on-1 horribly. Rushing the puck carrier that far out? Just cover the pass!

...ridiculous...

I've seen players miss qualityyyer shots in higher pressure situations, but that puck looked like it was waiting for a reason to slide in.

I'm honestly 100% comfortable with the one point. It just felt like such a bad omen. When they spent the last ~4 minutes fighting to get out of their zone, I was sure Daniel would deflect it in on Miller in a similar freak one of a kind play.

Lmfao!

This thread is hilarious.

But i agree with comments against Willie. Idk what he's doing. He's too scared to try changing things up.

What?????

All he's been doing is changing things up. He needs to stick with something or go with something that has worked in the past and then let the rest of the pieces fall into place.

Like putting Vrbata with the Sedins...

The first time I remember the Sedins going 3-on-3 was a few years back when there was an off-setting minor against the Ducks.

It was Henrik, Daniel and Bieksa.... going against Scott Neidermayer and 2 others I can't remember.

3 guys skating on quicksand against one of the smoothest defenseman in our era..... the Scott scored the game winner.

At that moment, everyone was commenting how you can't put the Sedins on for 3v3 since there's so much more room and you need speed. Not sure why Willie D can't figure that out.

How come you didn't say this for the last OT's?

We shouldn't be worrying about how Sedins.

We should be worry about WD's lines and playing minutes decisions.

I have no problem with him experimenting during the first +\- 10 games of the season. Not if, but when, we run into injury problems we will have players familiar with other linemates. You also must understand how much turnover we had this offseason. Fine tune things now, not in April.

We are 3-1-2.

I don't understand what the problem is, I thought we have been playing a decent game.

man it felt like eating a fly watching the missed chances again and again. as much as i love the grit of our fourth line, expecting cracknall to be the scorer on a consistent basis is nuts. you can't play the fourth line this much when you are looking for offense against an oilers' defense that is obviously flawed. frustrating as hell.

What?????

All he's been doing is changing things up. He needs to stick with something or go with something that has worked in the past and then let the rest of the pieces fall into place.

Like putting Vrbata with the Sedins...

He's right to be changing things now. Better now when all the teams are settling in (and we are sitting 4? in the league) than waiting too long and finding we are playing teams set up for us while we are still trying to get our lines right.

There are a lot of new faces in this team and 3/4 of them are rookies, it's only natural for Willie and the coaches to try and build up a record of where they fit in best, what line and with who, if at all.

Kind of odd, the scheduling right at the beginning of the year. We've already had a 3 day break and two 2 day breaks. Now we're currently on a 3 day break, with another 2 day break after Saturday's game.

Which means we pay for it later on ... like, 14 games in 30 days in November with 2 back to backs.  10 of them on the road!

Archived