The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks lose 2-1 in an OTL

Odd.

Was it Dank or Hank who was literally coasting back when the Oilers scored in OT?

Any other player on the team would be getting blasted right now. If it were Bearcheese he'd be benched for a week.

That was Henrik I believe.

That powerplay also has to be figured out. 1/20 is a travesty if you have the Sedins on your team. Pearn has gotta be on the hotseat by now.

That's why it can't hurt throwing all the young guys out there. The PP was bad last year and it's struggling once again. How about this, try the young guys since the result can't be much worse.

So Uncle Willy has pretty well tried every other player in the lineup with the twins except Vrby.

Makes sense to me Willy.

Right??! this guy has something against Vrbata, this is going back to round 1. He would'nt put Vrbata with the twins even when we needed a goal badly. Thats stubbornness.

Yep, there's gotta be a clear coaching mandate. The team is in transition, there's gonna be youth in the line-up, and they're gonna have to play a role..not Dorsett or Prust on the 2nd line.

I love Willy, and think he's a great coach, which is part of the reason we're off to such a good start, but yes.

He gets wayyyy too attached to his players, It's like he's secretly having an affair with Dorsett.

That's why it can't hurt throwing all the young guys out there. The PP was bad last year and it's struggling once again. How about this, try the young guys since the result can't be much worse.

Trust me, I agree. Burrows has never been great on the PP, and Virt looked good in the pre-season, but Burr was on the 2nd unit tonight and Virt only got 9 minutes of play...would've been good and fresh for some PP time with Horvat.

He's a fool for thinking this way. He sure had no problem playing Vey even though he was terrible. I guess it's because he had him in junior several years ago.

He had a history with Vey as a player, so it would make sense (by his logic) that he'd get ice time since Desjardins was comfortable with him as a player.

It's going to lead us nowhere good. I liked him as a hire initially, but there were even times last year before the playoffs that he looked well out of his league as a coach. I hope he can adapt as a coach because I don't like the idea of shuffling through head coaches so quickly, but there has been very little to show us that he will.

The season is young though, I guess we'll see moving forward how it goes.

I thought we looked really disorganized tonight. All our lines looked like they'd never played together before. No continuity.

We really need to solve our lines. Nobody knows from game to game who is playing with the twins. We don't know who our second line is.

This was the most frustrating game to watch I've seen in a while

looks like the sweat hog hockey is back in our division again ,thank you Willy D on the bright side we have not lost any one to injury .tonight. an then again still winless at home.This is gonna be long painful season if tonight is any indication ,Sadly there is not much that can be done shake it off get back up an move on to next game.

Trust me, I agree. Burrows has never been great on the PP, and Virt looked good in the pre-season, but Burr was on the 2nd unit tonight and Virt only got 9 minutes of play...would've been good and fresh for some PP time with Horvat.

Play the kids and give them experience. It will make it easier to trade the guys with NTCs, because they will want out. Who are the bare bones guys we keep?

Twins

Burr

Dorsett

Miller

Edler

Tanev

The rest are our young guys

I thought we looked really disorganized tonight. All our lines looked like they'd never played together before. No continuity.

We really need to solve our lines. Nobody knows from game to game who is playing with the twins. We don't know who our second line is.

This was the most frustrating game to watch I've seen in a while

That's because they didn't.

Archived