The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks lose 2-1 in an OTL

Odd.

I'm following the Canucks from Seattle. Shorty invoked Patrick Stefan when he described Daniel's missed chance and said it was a must see. He wasn't kidding. That was a tough one. Definitely agree that they could be 5-0-1 right now. Let's get the next one!

The first time I remember the Sedins going 3-on-3 was a few years back when there was an off-setting minor against the Ducks.

It was Henrik, Daniel and Bieksa.... going against Scott Neidermayer and 2 others I can't remember.

3 guys skating on quicksand against one of the smoothest defenseman in our era..... the Scott scored the game winner.

At that moment, everyone was commenting how you can't put the Sedins on for 3v3 since there's so much more room and you need speed. Not sure why Willie D can't figure that out.

It's Obvious...

The Twins are no longer good enough to be First Line Players in the NHL ...

Why would you ever think that they're good enough to be the Canucks first line?

What's the percentage of them scoring after the announcer says...

"The Sedins have set up"... it's not 20% ... it's not 10%... it's not 5%... Hell... is it even 2%... no... Less.

On Friday night John Garrett said... that with all the games they have played together in the NHL... they've only scored on the same night in 45 games...

He means, that in the close to 1000 games they have played together... they've both scored goals in ONLY 45 GAMES!!

Crap that's bad..

So what % is it and why do YOU think they should still be penciled in as #1's ??

You really have nothing remotely interesting to add to the conversation do you? Just one whine after the other. Pathetic really

It's Obvious...

The Twins are no longer good enough to be First Line Players in the NHL ...

Why would you ever think that they're good enough to be the Canucks first line?

What's the percentage of them scoring after the announcer says...

"The Sedins have set up"... it's not 20% ... it's not 10%... it's not 5%... Hell... is it even 2%... no... Less.

On Friday night John Garrett said... that with all the games they have played together in the NHL... they've only scored on the same night in 45 games...

He means, that in the close to 1000 games they have played together... they've both scored goals in ONLY 45 GAMES!!

Crap that's bad..

So what % is it and why do YOU think they should still be penciled in as #1's ??

If you said it's obvious you know nothing about hockey then yea you'd be right. Really weak trolling attempt.

AM I just dreaming or did it seem like some players had never played with each other almost the entire game. I could not believe how sad the passing was (actually was not) most of the game. It seemed like it was just easier to give the pick to someone in a white jersey rather than someone you should be passing to.

What a night. Thank goodness for OILER fans so at least the building was loud! For that, I had a great time.

In a game where the team scored only one goal, the Kid Line was the only forward line with a point.

In a combined 30 minutes they had 4 SOG, a breakaway, beauty of a chance from Virt, 7 hits (more than any other line and they played the least) and were the only line with a positive +/- with a combined +3.

If Willie's judging minutes by merit, they deserved more.

willie is dumber than av its boggling my mind

WD's coaching has been strange to put it one way. Sutter tied for point lead after playing on the sedin line? oh let's change him around. Cracknell scoring goals after finding chemistry with prust and dorsett? oh lets put prust (a 4th liner) on the SECOND line. Kid line puts in a combined 10 point game (despite preseason) and forms instant chemistry? Oh lets change that all around for the start of the season. Vrbata not scoring on the second line despite being a top sniper all year last year with the sedins? Oh let's just continue to not do the OBVIOUS THING by putting him on the first. (He has better chemistry with them than sutter) 3 on 3 overtimes too, I've seen the same thing happen, give the puck up and watch as the faster players on the other team skate through for a free shot. 3 on 3 is speed based, cycle all you want with the open ice but if you can't skate fast chances are you're gonna lose the puck and get beat on a rush back to the net.

WD's coaching has been strange to put it one way. Sutter tied for point lead after playing on the sedin line? oh let's change him around. Cracknell scoring goals after finding chemistry with prust and dorsett? oh lets put prust (a 4th liner) on the SECOND line. Kid line puts in a combined 10 point game (despite preseason) and forms instant chemistry? Oh lets change that all around for the start of the season. Vrbata not scoring on the second line despite being a top sniper all year last year with the sedins? Oh let's just continue to not do the OBVIOUS THING by putting him on the first. (He has better chemistry with them than sutter) 3 on 3 overtimes too, I've seen the same thing happen, give the puck up and watch as the faster players on the other team skate through for a free shot. 3 on 3 is speed based, cycle all you want with the open ice but if you can't skate fast chances are you're gonna lose the puck and get beat on a rush back to the net.

Hansen with Sedins instead of Burrows, proven performer with Sedins?

PP struggling? Nah lets not put Weber.

WD will get run out of this town by the fans if he keeps this up. Complete mishandling of the kids... Not giving games to Virtanen, benching the kids when they provided the only goal.

He is not the right fit for the Canucks. He likes to play it safe, likes comfort but we want an attacking, aggressive and exciting style of play. He is the type to play a safe grinder like Higgins or Dorsett over players who have higher upside to put the puck in the net like Bear, Virt, and Mccann.

Archived