The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brandon Prust to miss 4-6 weeks

Ossi Vaananen

Blessing in disguise.

I agree. 

Nothing against Prust. I think he's a great team guy and was starting to play well. But this roster needs to sort itself out right now. We have too many players and not enough spots. 

Plus it will be nice to see how ready Gaunce is to fill a bottom 6 role. If he's ready, it might mean Virtanen is sent down. Or it could speed up a potential Higgins trade.

That's too bad..just as he was starting to get his stride back..His skating isn't the greatest,but his passing is really good..He has brought an intangible to the team thats been lacking...Not only can he play,but he is good deterrent for agitators (Roussel ,last night being a prime example...he wouldn't take those liberties with Prust on the ice).

Big blow to the team, he and Dorsett had some really nice chemistry brewing with McCann. 5 assists in 9 games for a 4th liner is pretty rediculous. This really opens up a spot for Virtanen or Gaunce though, but I'd love to see Shinkaruk get a look.

maybe we could drop Hansen down, and put Shink on the third line?  I guess Baer has to produce or he's done, so there is another spot for Shink.

maybe we could drop Hansen down, and put Shink on the third line?  I guess Baer has to produce or he's done, so there is another spot for Shink.

Personally I'd love o see Shinkaruk and Burrows play together. If Virtanen is getting 2nd line minutes, why not Shinkaruk? Virtanen can play a 4th liner role, Shinkaruk can only really play a top-9 scoring position, and Gaunce can play a bottom-6 role nicely.

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Shinkaruk - Sutter - Burrows

Gaunce - Horvat - Hansen

Dorsett - McCann - Virtanen

Personally I'd love o see Shinkaruk and Burrows play together. If Virtanen is getting 2nd line minutes, why not Shinkaruk? Virtanen can play a 4th liner role, Shinkaruk can only really play a top-9 scoring position, and Gaunce can play a bottom-6 role nicely.

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Shinkaruk - Sutter - Burrows

Gaunce - Horvat - Hansen

Dorsett - McCann - Virtanen

and watching Shink play, he goes hard to net and plays with some grit.  What, really, does Baer do?

and watching Shink play, he goes hard to net and plays with some grit.  What, really, does Baer do?

Shinakruk is gonna earn himself a call up if he keeps playing the way he is.

He picked up his 5th goal tonight, Now has 6 points in just under 6 games.

I'm surprised it isn't expected to be more actually. Hope he heals up  properly we will need him for the playoffs.B)

On the bright side this opens the door for multiple youngsters to be given a chance in his stead. Give WD no choice but to play kids or go full Torts with his Ice time.

Baertschi should look to Shinkaruk on how he needs to play.

Amen to that. However Baertschi is definitely trying, he's just not showing results. This is a results league however, you get no points for effort so he better start producing soon or he might end up in a position not to his liking. That's the downfall of a rookie being introduced into a top 6 role in the NHL I guess. Even if they are skilled, you have to start your rookies in the bottom 6 so that they can learn to at least pull their weight defensively then the offence will come. Maybe when Higgins comes back Baertschi can settle into a more comfortable bottom 6 position and play with no pressure.

Archived