The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't disagree (although I think the Warriors would still be a favorite without KD)

I just don't make the distinction where a player leaves a team for one where he thinks he has a better chance of winning a championship. LeBron did the same thing when he "took his talents to South Beach". Just because the Dubs were more of a "sure thing" than the Heat doesn't make KD a jerk and LBJ all good, at least not as far as I'm concerned.

I don't follow the NBA that closely but weren't Cavs only competitative at all soley because of King James at the time?  In the case of KD, the Thunder had just lost to the champs in 7 games in his last season with that team.  Far, far, different teams that either player deserted.  But that's just from my own POV.

**** the NBA anyhow with the rules they put into place for the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't disagree (although I think the Warriors would still be a favorite without KD)

I just don't make the distinction where a player leaves a team for one where he thinks he has a better chance of winning a championship. LeBron did the same thing when he "took his talents to South Beach". Just because the Dubs were more of a "sure thing" than the Heat doesn't make KD a jerk and LBJ all good, at least not as far as I'm concerned.

Context man. 

Lebron left out of necessity. His team got him zero help. Ownership stunk. 

KD left a superstar in Russ. Okc traded for Oladipo for KD too. 

Huge difference in my world. Oh well.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Context man. 

Lebron left out of necessity. His team got him zero help. Ownership stunk. 

KD left a superstar in Russ. Okc traded for Oladipo for KD too. 

Huge difference in my world. Oh well.

Agree to disagree. They both left for greener pastures. I don't see one as any worse than the other. I just thought you should know that someone who's "played sports" doesn't share your point of view.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agree to disagree. They both left for greener pastures. I don't see one as any worse than the other. I just thought you should know that someone who's "played sports" doesn't share your point of view.

I don't really see how anyone could see those 2 scenarios as the same thing.

Lebron had no help in Cleveland, he wanted Amare stoudamire they got him jj Hickson. He wanted Jason Kidd they got him mo Williams. He tried to get bosh to sign there he didn't want to. If ownership isn't bringing in the necessary people and no one wants to sign there, what are you supposed to do? Again if lebron joined the Celtics sure I can see the comparison.

KD wanting to leave okc is totally fine by me, Westbrook is a ball first guard, and KD was missing out on some shots. But joining the best team in the league who just beat you, where you choked for the last 4 games is unheard of. 

Anyways congrats to the warriors.

• Upvote 1

I think LeBron stays, but ownership has gotta convince him they’ll win 2-3 more titles before he calls it a career. I’ll say go hard after Cousins, package the Nets pick for a legit guard, fire Lue, then start fresh for next season. 

2 minutes ago, TheRick said:

What a dud of a series this was.

Most people thought just making it this far with this trash squad was one of LBJs biggest accomplishments at his age in his career.

Celtics probably would have put up a better fight they are a very good defensive team younger and more athletic than the Cavs.

Oh well another offseason more exciting ahead than the actual games arguably.

The playoffs as a whole were very good compared to most years except the final series.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Van40 said:

Love how the nba didn't reward Curry's stat padding today with a finals mvp. 

KD deserved it. 

KD is now the best player in the world.  Back to back MVP awards!  The new King is crowned.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

KD is now the best player in the world.  Back to back MVP awards!  The new King is crowned.

Alf..... he choked against the rockets, and had one spectacular game against the Cavs. Lebron is still at the top.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Alf..... he choked against the rockets, and had one spectacular game against the Cavs. Lebron is still at the top.

It took MJ six seasons to get to the top.  LeBron had to go to Miami to get to the top.  It’s KD’s time now.  

• Wat 1

JR Smith's game 1 blunder got LeBron so mad he broke is hand... Bron punched a white board and broke his hand pretty bad. Ouch. I doubt he stays in Cleveland but stranger things have happened.

Edited by Xbox
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It took MJ six seasons to get to the top.  LeBron had to go to Miami to get to the top.  It’s KD’s time now.  

KD had to join the greatest team ever to win a chip. The media was still calling the warriors Currys team, and labeling him the best player on the team. 

Lebron is still the best player in the world, look at the numbers he had this year. He's been the best for nearly a decade now (since 08/09 maybe?)