The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks win 4-1 against the Stinky Flyers.

Odd.

I am so pumped for this team right now. Everything is coming together nicely and with the great depth we have, we'll keep right on trucking through inevitable injuries. Probably a few nervous vets about now, which can only ramp up the intensity for the team. 

My daughter bought me tickets against Ottawa next week but damnnnnn, will be on the road for work and miss my chance. Take it to the Senators for me boys, I'll be watching from Winterpeg and hope to get at least one live game this year. You Vanouverites are so lucky...yet the rink always seems quite. 

I hear you. I'm away from Vancouver right now but the great play and vibe in the city has been infectious. I'm really feeling it and so excited to come home next week and catch some games, particularly the one against Ottawa.

If memory serves, the Canucks were in the nation's capital on Remembrance Day in 2010 (I think there was a feature on the site last year that highlighted it). It will be neat to see them there again this year, though playing on the 12th. 

Would really like to see how well Shinkaruk plays on left wing in place of Baertschi on a line with Horvat & Hansen.  IMO, Baertschi doesn't have the "commitment" to the NHL level of play.  Agreed he did contribute with a nice assist early in the game this evening, but for the balance of the game he looked disengaged.   Would like to see Shinkaruk given an opportunity to play on this line and show us that he is the natural goal scorer he projected in his draft year.

Would really like to see how well Shinkaruk plays on left wing in place of Baertschi on a line with Horvat & Hansen.  IMO, Baertschi doesn't have the "commitment" to the NHL level of play.  Agreed he did contribute with a nice assist early in the game this evening, but for the balance of the game he looked disengaged.   Would like to see Shinkaruk given an opportunity to play on this line and show us that he is the natural goal scorer he projected in his draft year.

I think its confidence...In his interviews he seems down alot. He reminds me alot of Nazzy, very serious and probably very hard on himself.

I thought he had a terrific game tonight. Played harder on the boards, well in his own end and I saw about 3 or 4 great passes, one of which lead to the first goal, the other sent Hansen in cold.

Not sure how you could criticize his game TONIGHT, other nights your comments would be fair but not this game (imho)

And PS, I like the edge Shink brings more than Baer as well, just think tonight he played well and isn't deserving of the commentary you provided.

Somebody tried to throw a damper on the victory by saying it was only the Flyers....

Well, the Flyers played HARD tonight, this was not an easy game to win.

Giroux and his line are world class, just because they are having problems scoring so far this season does not mean they are not a huge threat.  Giroux's goal was a hi-light reel play.

But the Canucks weathered the Flyer surge got them under control and came back to take the game away.

Obviously fantastic game by Horvat... and Virtanen's goal was a sign of how good this kid can be... by the way, check his junior video reel and you'll see that 'chip it by, and take off' play often... sometimes he just runs OVER the defender.

But the good news is that Hutton continued his great play, AND Sven Baertschi had a GREAT game... he didn't get a lot of mention by John and John or the desk jockeys from Toronto, but he was making great plays all night, and played physical too.

And not to forget the Vets, Burrows didn't get on the scoresheet, but he was a big part of the evening, he almost got Virtanen a goal early, and for the one which went in for Jake, the fact he was going hard to the net was a big factor in distracting Mason.

The Sedins and Vrbata only got two points, but they could have had 4 goals besides... there were countless opportunities, which is a good sign.

And Miller continued his superb play, right now he is playing as well as ANY Vancouver Goalie I have ever seen... that includes Luongo and McClean.  He is as good technically as anyone who has put on the pads.

Great night, and one which Canuck's fans are going to remember forever... especially if Jake goes onto the career we all hope for.  ;)

I've probably said it before, but this is the Canucks team I've been wanting for a loong time. We have a legit shot at a cup if the Canucks continue like this and avoid injuries. We have a great mix of vets, tough players and prospects. We don't even have to rely on the Sedins as much anymore which is just perfect

Somebody tried to throw a damper on the victory by saying it was only the Flyers....

Well, the Flyers played HARD tonight, this was not an easy game to win.

Giroux and his line are world class, just because they are having problems scoring so far this season does not mean they are not a huge threat.  Giroux's goal was a hi-light reel play.

But the Canuck's weathered the Flyer surge got them under control and came back to take the game away.

Obviously fantastic game by Horvat... and Virtanen's goal was a sign of how good this kid can be... by the way, check his junior video reel and you'll see that 'chip it by, and take off' play often... sometimes he just runs OVER the defender.

But the good news is that Hutton continued his great play, AND Sven Baertschi had a GREAT game... he didn't get a lot of mention by John and John or the desk jockeys from Toronto, but he was making great plays all night, and played physical too.

And not to forget the Vets, Burrows didn't get on the scoresheet, but he was a big part of the evening, he almost got Virtanen a goal early, and for the one which went in for Jake, the fact he was going hard to the net was a big factor in distracting Mason.

The Sedins and Vrbata only got two points, but they could have had 4 goals besides... there were countless opportunities, which is a good sign.

And Miller continued his superb play, right now he is playing as well as ANY Vancouver Goalie I have ever seen... that includes Luongo and McClean.  He is as good technically as anyone who has put on the pads.

Great night, and one which Canuck's fans are going to remember forever... especially if Jake goes onto the career we all hope for.  ;)

I have said it in trade threads. Many here are not giving this team the credit they deserve. We have a nice mix now of youth and vets, energy and experience. We have only lost 2 games clean and the others were brainfart losses, we could very well have 4 more wins and be 10-2. We may very well not be sellers at the deadline. Based on the play right now, I can't see how we would be. We would't move Hammer and Vrbata if we're in the playoffs that's for sure, nor Prust.

What happens over the next 40 games as this team starts to find its identity (and I think we saw a bit of that forming tonight), and turns into a real team, could dictate how serious of a playoff contender we are. If the young guns can really take the next step from making the team to being contributors regularly as Bo did last year, we could be a threat like anyone else in the post season.

It's still waaay too early to tell, depends on a many factors (injuries, young guys get better (biggest issue), miller continues playing great, etc etc), but they seem to like each other, are playing for each other and the chemistry is coming, I think we can all see it....ya never know folks...

Archived