The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks 11/30/2015.

Nex is my ex

The tone that Hirsch is complaining about is on Prust and Dorsett to set - unfortunately they're not really fulfilling it.  Decent puck possession shifts are all fine and good, but the team toughness that they are supposed to anchor is lacking - as is answering the bell on these cheap shots. 

Not sure what's going on there, but they've been absentee lately.

I've always thought that sending McCann to the WJC would help him get to the next level offensive. Virtanen, we'll see how bad his injury is but since Shinkaruk and Grenier are doing really well in Utica I wouldn't mind sending Virtanen as well

Just now, MikeyD said:

I originally thought the hit on Higgins was high but it was all body. Sadly just a gorgeous clean hit. We still need some pushback after that though. Where's prust? 

I think prust is a little too slow to deliver any clean punishment on the forecheck.  Jake is capable of delivering some beauties but he hasnt done that in weeks, i think Willy has neutered him a bit.

Take out weber and put in Pedan, if you are going to lose, lose with some honour.  This is the lulu lemon of hockey teams.

1 minute ago, JV77 said:

Man how was that hit on Higgins cheap?  Solid clean af body check into the boards by Ritchie.  Fans need to grow some too and quit whining about every hard hit being cheap.  Instead hit back harder...

Yah, OK, looked high to me but guess it wasn't but my second point stands, we need to show them there are consequences.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

The tone that Hirsch is complaining about is on Prust and Dorsett to set - unfortunately they're not really fulfilling it.  Decent puck possession shifts are all fine and good, but the team toughness that they are supposed to anchor is lacking - as is answering the bell on these cheap shots. 

Not sure what's going on there, but they've been absentee lately.

Yeah. Prust is merely a year long rental. While Dorsett was a bad signing. He is not the answer for this team.

1 minute ago, JV77 said:

Man how was that hit on Higgins cheap?  Solid clean af body check into the boards by Ritchie.  Fans need to grow some too and quit whining about every hard hit being cheap.  Instead hit back harder...

I wouldn't call it as clean as you are calling it. It was slightly from behind, and drove his head pretty firmly into the boards.. not saying it was a terrible hit or anything but not clean by any stretch 

Archived