The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks 11/30/2015.

Nex is my ex

3 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Ducks are playing dirty playoff hockey, no response from Dorsett or Prust.

Everyone's playing terribly.

^ Probably because they know by the lay of the ice in So-Cal,...that a response by the away team would be 'severely' penalized by these officals,...and that's just they way it is. They are just playing the odds tonight.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

So, if they make the playoffs, your point would be?

My point will be that it's a figment of your imagination. The fact that you entertain the idea whilst watching this game is both hilarious and slightly sad.

And in the off chance that they do somehow miraculously make the playoffs with the Charminesque defense, it will merely amount to another first round exit, and more humiliation for being pushed around like nerds at a bakesale.

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

^ Probably because they know by the lay of the ice in So-Cal,...that a response by the away team would be 'severely' penalized by these officals,...and that's just they way it is. They are just playing the odds tonight.

They're playing hard to be fair, the Canucks just aren't responding at all. This game has Prust and Dorsett written all over it but NOTHING from them. No big hits from anyone except for Hansen, our first liner.

Well done bottom-3 lines. Prust and Dorsett have one job, these are the games they were brought in for, and they're invisible physically.

Props to Sbisa for being the only one who's consistently using his body against this team and standing up to the Ducks.

This isn't hockey...it's like watching my dog chase a stick!!

Team not prepared tonight...no speed, sloppy with the puck and absolutely no physical play or push back.  

Oilers looked lie a fart batter team while losing to the Leafs earlier.

Benning needs to start making some calls.  Nobody should be safe on this team not named Sedin.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The tone that Hirsch is complaining about is on Prust and Dorsett to set - unfortunately they're not really fulfilling it.  Decent puck possession shifts are all fine and good, but the team toughness that they are supposed to anchor is lacking - as is answering the bell on these cheap shots. 

Not sure what's going on there, but they've been absentee lately.

Makes me wonder if both of them are playing hurt.  They're the type that would normally get into a fight to get the team fired up when needed.

The Canucks is not clearly crisp tonight.   Everything is off.  Get Higgins off the McCann line and put in Burrows and maybe we'd see some offense.  Horvat and Higgins would be a good line for a shutdown.  It is clear that Horvat is not the #2 center for now.  This would be my adjustment to the third period.   Shorten the defensive bench to just top 4 with Bart, not Weber as 2nd pairing with Hamhuis.

Archived