The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oilers @ Canucks 7:00pm CBC

Salter

7 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

CBC basically saying that we are the Sedins and that's it.  Maybe they are right this year, but the rebuild will be shorter with Horvat, McCann, Hutton, Shinkaruk, Virtanan, Demko and Boeser in the pipeline.  PJ Stock seemed pretty happy with the team looking rough this season.  They didn't mention any of our current propects.  I think if we are bad enough and luck into Mathews this season and we add some defencemen in UFA then we will be legit sooner rather then later. 

It must kill the cbc a holes that as bad as vancouvers been there still better than edm. And t.o.

A 1 line team is still better than the no line team in TO.  

1 hour ago, Salter said:

No GDT year, if the person today posts one just merge this into it I guess. I'll update it with lines etc, seems like we've gotten even more players out now.

Lineup (prediction):

Forward: 

Hide contents

RNvKMBb.jpg

a9lgKt0.jpg

UQ6OguX.jpgCzVSh86.jpg

Defence:

Hide contents

hqIMUwS.jpgmA6C3I4.jpguLqz98Y.jpg

Goaltenders:

Hide contents

YSMmjxK.jpg

567f0d07d7d53_ScreenShot2015-12-26at4.51

567f0d0761177_ScreenShot2015-12-26at4.51567f0d06844a9_ScreenShot2015-12-26at4.51

This was awesome I really enjoyed this thanks for the effort 110% just like the rookies on this team.

Let's not expect too much from Pedan in his first game. The Utica guys think he's a bit patchy. 

I think this will be a high scoring game. 7-5 Oilers.

I would have said 7-5 Canucks if Tanev had been playing but I can't see the win with such a weakened defence.

As long as it's a good competitive game I'll be happy considering our injuries.

By the way, that photo of Weber. Is it really him? It looks more like Jensen.

15 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

CBC basically saying that we are the Sedins and that's it.  Maybe they are right this year, but the rebuild will be shorter with Horvat, McCann, Hutton, Shinkaruk, Virtanan, Demko and Boeser in the pipeline.  PJ Stock seemed pretty happy with the team looking rough this season.  They didn't mention any of our current propects.  I think if we are bad enough and luck into Mathews this season and we add some defencemen in UFA then we will be legit sooner rather then later. 

Especially if Hutton steps up and becomes a PMD in the near future and if we are able to sign a solid UFA defenceman to pair up with Hutton, I think we will be good pretty soon. 

27 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Let's not expect too much from Pedan in his first game. The Utica guys think he's a bit patchy. 

I think this will be a high scoring game. 7-5 Oilers.

I would have said 7-5 Canucks if Tanev had been playing but I can't see the win with such a weakened defence.

As long as it's a good competitive game I'll be happy considering our injuries.

By the way, that photo of Weber. Is it really him? It looks more like Jensen.

Re the photo - it sure looks like Jensen.  Weber plays with Easton and Jensen wore 46 - so it's probably the angle that only shows the 6.

---

Apparently the 4th line is Vey with Prust and Cracknell.  Dorsett stays with McCann and Burrows.

1 hour ago, HC20.0 said:

Burrows has really fallen off a cliff this year. My favourite player, but I think him and Higgins are both past their shelf lives. Gaunce is gonna be taking his spot in the near future. 

Sedins, Burrows, Edler, Hamhuis, Tanev, Higgins, Hansen.

Those are the only guys left from the 2011 team. In a few years, I only see a couple of guys from the 2011 team sticking, with some of our current prospects becoming full-time NHL'ers. As you mentioned, they're not the same players as they were, and are now past their prime. I see players like Higgins, Hansen, Hamhuis finishing their careers elsewhere in the end.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Don't forget about Leon Draisaitl. He is currently second on the Oilers in points, even though he missed Oilers' first 10 games. Now, if the Oilers do somehow get the first overall pick, I don't think Matthews would help them much. Their big need is a top-two defenseman and a starting goaltender.

It would help big time trade wise...

Pretty important game, huge 4 point game and a win gets us back to .500 and second in the Pacific. The Canucks always play dominant hockey after a scheduled practice, not sure if they got one in during the break but hopefully they're well rested. This will probably be a bit of a sloppy game but hopefully our defence can hold the fort and not surrender more than 3 goals.

4-3 Canucks, Sedin show smacks the Oilers around again.

Archived