The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would be willing to give up our 1st at the draft depending on where we finish. If it's top 10, no way, but if it's in the 11-20 range it might be worth it.

We still need that game breaking forward up front. At age 20 Drouin can still become that player in the right environment.

He only plays one way though.  It's a HUGE risk to give up our first on him.  If he was bigger, or tougher, than at worst he could play on the third line.  He's not though, so he's either contributing on the score sheet (and big time) or he hurts the team.  Hank and Danny play both ends of the ice, and are good on the PK too.  Are you suggesting Drouin can score at a higher rate than those two?  He would have to, or he hurts us. IMHAO. How is he an upgrade on Baer, or Vey?

13 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I can't even tell if people are joking anymore.   Some people are so damn stupid.  

This kid was 3rd overall just a few short years ago.  The sky is the limit with him. 

Some dumdum thinks Higgins Weber and a 3rd will do it?  

Higgins and Weber. The two guys who suck so bad, we don't want them on our roster?  Jesus man.  We need to add picks just for someone to take these shrubs off our hands.  

Would you trade Maccann for Higgins and Weber?  Not a chance. 

It was obviously sarcasm.

If you're not sure, why even comment?

Young forward players we have right now that have high chance of a Canucks Stanley Cup run in 5-6 years

Shinkaruk (PLY/SNP)

Cassels (PLY/SNP)

Gaunce (GRN/TWF)

Virtanen (PWF)

Boeser (SNP/PLY)

Horvat (TWF)

McCann (PLY/SNP)

Grenier (TWF/GRN)

Kennins (GRN)

Fox (PLY/SNP)

Pettit (SNP)

Baertschi (PLY/SNP)

I think the canucks have enough one dimensional scoring small forwards. We need a few more Two way forward or power forward wingers. I think the Canucks should target Scott Laughton from Philly or Chris Tierny from SJS

Just now, DeNiro said:

Because he's way better than these two?

Just cause he doesn't play a 200 foot game doesn't mean he doesn't have elite offensive skill.

Is his skill elite enough to compensate for his defensive liabilities?  Look at Mackinnon.  He's playing wing because of his weak D zone play.  And he's an awesome talent, but he is just too much of a liability at centre - even with his skill.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Is his skill elite enough to compensate for his defensive liabilities?  Look at Mackinnon.  He's playing wing because of his weak D zone play.  And he's an awesome talent, but he is just too much of a liability at centre - even with his skill.  

Yes his skill is high enough. He's only 20 years old and still learning.

Tampa just doesn't have the luxury of being patient with a young player right now because they have a deep roster and want to challenge for the cup. The Canucks on the other hand do have the luxury to be patient with young players.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Because he's way better than these two?

Just cause he doesn't play a 200 foot game doesn't mean he doesn't have elite offensive skill.

If he's not in the Tampa lineup because he doesn't play a 200 ft game,I would not like his odds of getting much ice time with our current coach either......I have not really seen him play,but i'm guessing that he's playing on the perimeter.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you saying Vey is better than Drouin?

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

If he's not in the Tampa lineup because he doesn't play a 200 ft game,I would not like his odds of getting much ice time with our current coach either......I have not really seen him play,but i'm guessing that he's playing on the perimeter.

Perhaps true but we have to think long term.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Tampa just doesn't have the luxury of being patient with a young player right now because they have a deep roster and want to challenge for the cup. The Canucks on the other hand do have the luxury to be patient with young players.

I value your opinion DeNiro.  If you think he's worth the risk, I'm in too.  Would you Waite to trade our first until after the lottery, just to be certain we don't win one of the top three?

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Elite offensive talent with little defensive ability is just fine if you play them with a strong defensive player.  

Drouin wiyh Horvat in 5 years would be drool worthy. 

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Elite offensive talent with little defensive ability is just fine if you play them with a strong defensive player.  

Drouin wiyh Horvat in 5 years would be drool worthy. 

Then let's get the kid.  Just don't give up McCann, Horvat, Virtanen, Demko, Boeser, or a first.  Would they like Edler or Tanev?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Then let's get the kid.  Just don't give up McCann, Horvat, Virtanen, Demko, Boeser, or a first.  Would they like Edler or Tanev?

Do we have enough defense to make up for losing Edler or Tanev?  

I really doubt it.  Our D sucks with them, and they are our top 2. 

Sometimes you have to give to get.    

Our first plus a good B prospect might bet it done.  

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

Do we have enough defense to make up for losing Edler or Tanev?  

I really doubt it.  Our D sucks with them, and they are our top 2. 

Sometimes you have to give to get.    

Our first plus a good B prospect might bet it done.  

Our first, but lotto protected, and Who's the B prospect?  Shinkaruk?  

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Something I wish more of the Canucks fan base would acknowledge. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Our first, but lotto protected, and Who's the B prospect?  Shinkaruk?  

Personally,  I'd do it.   

He is such a high risk high reward.

It will Cost a premium to get him, and if he pans out it will be so worth the price. 

But if he doesn't, you just lost a great pick and a great prospect.  It is such a tough call.  I'm glad I'm not gm. 

Archived