The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I value your opinion DeNiro.  If you think he's worth the risk, I'm in too.  Would you Waite to trade our first until after the lottery, just to be certain we don't win one of the top three?

Definitely. I think Tampa would wanna know where the pick is too.

I don't see Yzerman being in a rush to trade him until after the season. You don't rush a trade like that.

26 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

If he's not in the Tampa lineup because he doesn't play a 200 ft game,I would not like his odds of getting much ice time with our current coach either......I have not really seen him play,but i'm guessing that he's playing on the perimeter.

Once we trade players like Vrbata, Higgins, and Prust there will be more ice time to go around.

I don't see how Drouin couldn't find ice time on our roster, especially once those 3 are gone.

4 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Personally,  I'd do it.   

He is such a high risk high reward.

It will Cost a premium to get him, and if he pans out it will be so worth the price. 

But if he doesn't, you just lost a great pick and a great prospect.  It is such a tough call.  I'm glad I'm not gm. 

Didn't Dallas only give up that older often injured guy to get Seguin?  I forgot his name.  He's playing well with the Bs this year.  Maybe we just need to do that, and would not Edler be that guy?  I accept you're keen on keeping him, but what if he's the guy TB wants for their Cup run, and they don't want futures?  

21 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

If he's not in the Tampa lineup because he doesn't play a 200 ft game,I would not like his odds of getting much ice time with our current coach either......I have not really seen him play,but i'm guessing that he's playing on the perimeter.

well said .  dont get how people miss this 

I'd inquire as to what Tampa wants for him and I'd be surprised if JB hasn't, but I'm not sure what I'd be willing to give up.

If it were a deal in the realm of what Turris got in return maybe, but if Tampa's expecting full value or close to it they can take their business elsewhere.

If I am using historic comparisons to put a value on Drouin. I'd say he is in the Nino Niederreiter, Sven Baertschi range of return.

This is where draft position and reality cross paths. 

Draft position becomes completely irrelevant once a player enters the league. The fact that he is requesting a trade doesn't help his value either, much like the 2 examples above. 

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn't Dallas only give up that older often injured guy to get Seguin?  I forgot his name.  He's playing well with the Bs this year.  Maybe we just need to do that, and would not Edler be that guy?  I accept you're keen on keeping him, but what if he's the guy TB wants for their Cup run, and they don't want futures?  

Knowing our D, I don't trade Edler without D coming back. 

Again, that's just me.  Our defense is $&!# and i wouldent want to make it worse. 

And Seguin was traded for Errikson.   He had a couple good injuries, but is a proven, high end top 6 forward. 

As well as 3 decent prospects going bostons way.  I think it was actually a 7 person deal.  I can't remember all the guys tho. 

You are right though. I kinda doubt they want picks and futures.  They are trying to win now.  Without Edler or Tanev, I don't think we have what they want to get it done.    

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Again, that's just me.  Our defense is $&!# and i wouldent want to make it worse. 

And Seguin was traded for Errikson.   He had a couple good injuries, but is a proven, high end top 6 forward. 

As well as 3 decent prospects going bostons way.  I think it was actually a 7 person deal.  I can't remember all the guys tho

Drouin and Seguin are not even close in terms of comparison. Seguin was already a great player. 

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

That was my 400 post. Lol.  It only took 8 years!

Congrats on having a real life. ::D I think the number of posts is inversely proportional to :sick: Me, I'm already in the thousands, and I just joined a few months ago!  :lol:

You guys have me excited about Druoin.  I would like us to get him, and still draft Pulijjarvi.  That would be two elite skilled forwards.

13 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

As well as 3 decent prospects going bostons way.  I think it was actually a 7 person deal.  I can't remember all the guys tho. 

You are right though. I kinda doubt they want picks and futures.  They are trying to win now.  Without Edler or Tanev, I don't think we have what they want to get it done.    

I like the sound of Drouin and a top 4 pick. Get 2 birds stoned at once that way. Sure send them Eddie I say if that's what it takes.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Congrats on having a real life. ::D I think the number of posts is inversely proportional to :sick: Me, I'm already in the thousands, and I just joined a few months ago!  :lol:

You guys have me excited about Druoin.  I would like us to get him, and still draft Pulijjarvi.  That would be two elite skilled forwards.

#1 priority right now is the back end. 

You can have all the offensive talent in the world but if you don't have the Dmen to activate your high end forwards you're the Edmonton Oilers. 

If we are going to sacrifice any picks or prospects it better involve a potential top 4 Dman. 

3 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Its risky but

Our 2016 1st for Drouin and Tampa 2016 first? (just for the heck of the conversation)

If were going to be a top 5/top 10 pick, and we get a chance to draft Puljujarvi/Tkachuk/Chychrun/Juolevi, hell no.

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This situation's not even close to that of Seguin-Eriksson, and so neither should the return be that high.  Granted Drouin does have potential but he's nowhere near the guy Seguin was when he was dealt (Tyler had 0.67 points/ game that season while Jonathan's only at 0.42).  

He also doesn't fit a need on this team, as Sven's also a play-maker on the smaller side and the team could sorely use scorers.  If the team could package Sven for Jonathan I'd look into it but a trade comparable should look more like Turris for Rundblad (hope we get Turris) and not a 7-player blockbuster.     

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

#1 priority right now is the back end. 

You can have all the offensive talent in the world but if you don't have the Dmen to activate your high end forwards you're the Edmonton Oilers. 

If we are going to sacrifice any picks or prospects it better involve a potential top 4 Dman. 

Seth Jones!  

2 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Its risky but

Our 2016 1st  and Shinkaruk for Drouin and Tampa 2016 first? (just for the heck of the conversation)

The only thing Drouin has proved so far is that he was drafted too high. Why bail Tampa out for this critical mistake made the day they drafted him? 

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

I can't even tell if people are joking anymore.   Some people are so damn stupid.  

This kid was 3rd overall just a few short years ago.  The sky is the limit with him. 

Some dumdum thinks Higgins Weber and a 3rd will do it?  

Higgins and Weber. The two guys who suck so bad, we don't want them on our roster?  Jesus man.  We need to add picks just for someone to take these shrubs off our hands.  

Would you trade Maccann for Higgins and Weber?  Not a chance. 

It was sarcasm, you obviously missed the Raymond, Ballard and a 1st era.

Archived