The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You mistook me I think.  I said blew one as a direct response to DUC 

I like Bear Cheese.  I think he'll be a solid player for us.  Just think his valuation was way off

I think the jury is still out on Baer.  If he is not a steady point producer, he only hurts the team.  What else does he provide, when not on offence?  He's not a PKer, he's not tough, he's not heavy, he's not an energy guy, he's not a puck hound, he's not a forechecker etc.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the jury is still out on Baer.  If he is not a steady point producer, he only hurts the team.  What else does he provide, when not on offence?  He's not a PKer, he's not tough, he's not heavy, he's not an energy guy, he's not a puck hound, he's not a forechecker etc.  

Definitely, like most small offensive players, if they don't score what's the point

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Tampa fans think getting Edler in exchange for Drouin would be considered a steal for them. Goes to show how people view Edler. Extremely high in value. 

Amongst defenseman, Edler is 16th in the league for TOI/G , 34th in points, 10th in blocked shots, 61st in hits. While he isn't a true number 1 dman, he is a solid top-pairing guy earning is paycheck and is still south of 30 years old. 

9 minutes ago, KKnight said:

My bad man! 

No worries, I think Baertschi is one that we won't see shine for a few seasons but every game he looks more comfortable and as such more dangerous.  Blowing picks away is not something I am a fan of, baertschi I didn't and don't consider a waste at all

2 minutes ago, Mr.Plow said:

If we could somehow get Drouin and draft Matthews, the future would look unreal.

Drouin - Matthews - Virtanen

Shinkaurk - McCann - Boeser

Gaunce - Horvat - Cassels

I'm sure we would have to give up on of those players to get Drouin. 

Getting Drouin would be amazing, and then getting a high draft pick in 2016 would be icing on the cake for a rebuild of this franchise. 

I think it'll have to be one of our youths going the other way, though, for sure. Horvat, Virtanen, McCann at least for starters. 

But Tampa is not in the position of strength dealing with Drouin, so who knows? Maybe Benning forces their hand? The longer they hold onto Drouin, the lower his stock drops. It's in the best interest of the Lightning to deal with him quick. Remember the Luongo fiasco here in Vancity? Gillis held on to Lu way too long, and at the end, didn't get a very good deal for him. 

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Getting Drouin would be amazing, and then getting a high draft pick in 2016 would be icing on the cake for a rebuild of this franchise. 

I think it'll have to be one of our youths going the other way, though, for sure. Horvat, Virtanen, McCann at least for starters. 

But Tampa is not in the position of strength dealing with Drouin, so who knows? Maybe Benning forces their hand? The longer they hold onto Drouin, the lower his stock drops. It's in the best interest of the Lightning to deal with him quick. Remember the Luongo fiasco here in Vancity? Gillis held on to Lu way too long, and at the end, didn't get a very good deal for him. 

Drouin is 20 years old and doesn't have a NTC or a bad contract,  He's also not a starting goalie with only a limited number of teams that need that position filled.  He's going to fetch a solid return whether they trade him today or in the summer.

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Drouin is 20 years old and doesn't have a NTC or a bad contract,  He's also not a starting goalie with only a limited number of teams that need that position filled.  He's going to fetch a solid return whether they trade him today or in the summer.

IF they trade him this season, or off-season. Drouin may very well still be in Tampa come the 2016-2017 season. I'd love for him to be a Canuck, but I'm not sure what we would have to give up realistically, to get him here to Van. It may be too much, and if we're rebuilding, I'm loathe to give up any draft picks, because they will simply be higher picks, and that's bad for us if we let those go. 

If they want Edler, I'd be willing to part with him. But that only means we deplete our d-core even more. 

No way Virtanen is being traded for Drouin, he can have all of the skill in the world but we need Virt for his physical beastiness.

saw this on Twitter probably not true though lol get the popcorn out boys:

"A few sources reporting VAN may have inside track for Drouin IF they take Carle and willing to part with a young player."

if it takes a contract plus a high end second tier type of youth then that seems good to me

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Agreed. But Benning's has never been able to force another GM's hand. Unless you consider throwing in a draft pick to be a use of force. 

9 minutes ago, RyIe said:

Agreed. But Benning's has never been able to force another GM's hand. Unless you consider throwing in a draft pick to be a use of force. 

Hah. that's true. 

But I want to see what Benning can do. I am certain that Yzerman isn't going to let Drouin just go for nothing. So if the Canucks want him, they'll have to offer something of significance for Yzerman to bite. 

I'd hate to lose Shinkurak. Seems like everyone wants to get rid of the guy. And Gaunce, is going to be a very good player for the Canucks, especially with his versatility. 

If we could get Drouin without depleting our prospects, or draft picks, that'd be gold! But those kinds of trades don't happen too often. 

41 minutes ago, goblix said:

No way Virtanen is being traded for Drouin, he can have all of the skill in the world but we need Virt for his physical beastiness.

saw this on Twitter probably not true though lol get the popcorn out boys:

"A few sources reporting VAN may have inside track for Drouin IF they take Carle and willing to part with a young player."

if it takes a contract plus a high end second tier type of youth then that seems good to me

HAH. which young player? Shinkaruk? Gaunce? McCann? Horvat? Do we give up our first round pick in this year's draft for Drouin? 

Archived