The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

3 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

I feel like Drouin will be dealt for a big rental or maybe some sort of swap for a young ELC.  Tampa has plenty of assets that they could move for an all in move. 

Ummm, so your saying he could be moved for anything basically? 

Funny, just last night I read through a long thread on Reddit about Drouin. Lot of Halifax locals there with unpleasant stories interacting with him, secondhand stories from teammates and club personnel etc. Given that (if true; I've never met the guy) I'm not sure how hard Benning would push for him, but I'd guess his value league wide just dropped heavily knowing he's asked for a trade.

I do agree the Turris and Niederreiter trades seems like good benchmarks.

8 minutes ago, The Bookie said:

Funny, just last night I read through a long thread on Reddit about Drouin. Lot of Halifax locals there with unpleasant stories interacting with him, secondhand stories from teammates and club personnel etc. Given that (if true; I've never met the guy) I'm not sure how hard Benning would push for him, but I'd guess his value league wide just dropped heavily knowing he's asked for a trade.

I do agree the Turris and Niederreiter trades seems like good benchmarks.

Could you pm me that thread I'm interested in reading some of those stories

I was thinking, would the Lightning consider taking Higgins+Burrows (both at 100% retained cap)+ a prospect like Shink for Drouin. Both Higgins and Burrows are hard working players who can fit into the 2nd/3rd line (like a Callahan). They basically fill up 2 roster spots at 0 cap space which gives them more money to resign their young players like Hedman and Stamkos. Shink has potential to fill the role of Drouin in 2-3 years time while adding higgins+burrows to a playoff run for this year and next.

Just now, DoughtysCheck said:

I was thinking, would the Lightning consider taking Higgins+Burrows (both at 100% retained cap)+ a prospect like Shink for Drouin. Both Higgins and Burrows are hard working players who can fit into the 2nd/3rd line (like a Callahan). They basically fill up 2 roster spots at 0 cap space which gives them more money to resign their young players like Hedman and Stamkos. Shink has potential to fill the role of Drouin in 2-3 years time while adding higgins+burrows to a playoff run for this year and next.

Shinks is almost a point per game in Utica. While Drouin is off the chart these personal issues as well as his non-success so far in Tampa gotta knock his trade value down a bit. I say give them the same as we gave Calgary for Baertschi, plus Higgins.

Turris and Niederreiter are perfect comparables, high picks with high end talent that for whichever reason were not working with their former club. 

I think he's worth the risk, he has a tremendous amount of skill and ability to dangle opponents, in a league that's quickly becoming more dependent on puck possession, Drouin is a terrific pick. 

If it's just a roster player + mid round pick (as in the Turris/Niederreiter deals), then I hope we jump on it. If Stevie Y is asking for a 1st, roster player and or a prospect, I think we walk.

18 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

It's a joke alluding to the Baertschi trade. Of course Tampa won't take that.

Clean over my head.  My apologies.  You are still good in my books then.  Lol.  Bearcheese is a plain stupid offer.  Did someone say that?   

Drouin would be by far our best prospect.    People need to think Mac or Horvat I'm assuming. 

9 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Could be something fundamentally wrong with the TBL at the upper or coaching levels.

MSL wasn't happy and got traded.

Stamkos with all the rumours saying won't be re-signing.

Now Drouin asking for a trade. 

He is a one way player who's offence does not compensate for his lack of defence, and compete.  He either produces in the top six, or where does he play?  He's in the same boat as Baer, Shink and Vey.  These softer players had better produce, or they are worthless.  

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Higgins, Weber and a 3rd

I can't even tell if people are joking anymore.   Some people are so damn stupid.  

This kid was 3rd overall just a few short years ago.  The sky is the limit with him. 

Some dumdum thinks Higgins Weber and a 3rd will do it?  

Higgins and Weber. The two guys who suck so bad, we don't want them on our roster?  Jesus man.  We need to add picks just for someone to take these shrubs off our hands.  

Would you trade Maccann for Higgins and Weber?  Not a chance. 

2 hours ago, Derp... said:

Drouin is worth a first round pick (top 15) and a middle 6 forward at this point. His value is low now, but still former 3rd overall. 

I would be willing to give up our 1st at the draft depending on where we finish. If it's top 10, no way, but if it's in the 11-20 range it might be worth it.

We still need that game breaking forward up front. At age 20 Drouin can still become that player in the right environment.

Archived