The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

8 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

I dont see us trying to get Drouin but it would cost something like

2016 2nd Shinkaruk/Gaunce and a roster player

if thats all it takes thats not much for a 20yr old former 3rd overall pick. we have to make that kind of an offer. but its a mute point Benning always stays the course to his plan I would be SHOCKED if he trades for Drouin dont think he wants to compete in trades when theres gonna be a lot of teams making offers

24 minutes ago, theminister said:

This diatribe of yours is getting extremely boring.

Not entertaining at all.

The fans always have a choice to ignore it if they choose, however it is not a diatribe.  This is a business.  A sports and entertainment business.

6 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

The fans always have a choice to ignore it if they choose, however it is not a diatribe.  This is a business.  A sports and entertainment business.

That's 100% true.

Clearly, you find it entertaining or you would tune it out. Must be worth your time and attention..

You sound bitter about it, though.

3 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Hutton is the only thing holding this defence together at the moment. Otherwise we would be seeing 30 minutes or Tanev and Edler

I'm not saying I want Hutton gone, love him on our back end. But you gotta give to get. Just thinking of what TB would want. Guy lighting up the AHL, and a PMD that can get pucks to there forwards

1 minute ago, theminister said:

That's 100% true.

Clearly, you find it entertaining or you would tune it out. Must be worth your time and attention..

You sound bitter about it, though.

About what?  You cannot blame businesses for running a business, no matter what kind of business it is.  I think that if more fans took this perspective, then more of these moves being made and things happening in the NHL world would make sense.

Normally I'd say forget it to primadonna Princesses(I was 100% against getting Evander Kane, and was relieved that we didn't.), but that being said, Drouin has insane potential. He could anchor the first line for years. I'd bite, but it's gonna cost Shinkaruk or Baertschi, plus a second at the very least. I don't care about the second, but I don't want to give up either player. Especjally now that Baertschi is coming into his own, and Shink is destroying the AHL. But Jonathan Drouin though...

9 minutes ago, duc_evo said:

Why not Vrbata and Baerstchi for Drourin?

Because they already have good left wing prospects (Drouin is better admittedly)

AND whatever other assets  they would have to throw in (Vrbata, Edler....) should be used to fill some real organizational needs like defense.

Looks like he's also sitting the Syracuse Crunch vs Toronto Marlies game today. Possible trade? Maybe he arrived a little late or due to fatigue he was scratched?

Dunno.

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Drouin sounds like a hodgson 2.0...he whined when he got sent Down last year and now he wants out. You gotta earn your stripes kid, you're not just gonna get handed ice time and pp minutes

id stay away if I was the Canucks 

I think you're right on this one.

Drouin is a headcase. He has it really well in Tampa. Good climate, not much (perceivable) pressure to perform in a hot market AND Tampa is doing well in the standings.

Does he suddenly want to play in the hot/cold Canadian hockey market? I doubt it.

It's weird.

People on other days would be quick to offer Bo/McCann/any of our other prospects for Drouin straight up. But now, after its now known that he's asked for a trade, people are now lowballing value pretty hard. Understandably so. 

So, does asking for a trade significantly/less significantly reduce trade value?

Archived