The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Hah. that's true. 

But I want to see what Benning can do. I am certain that Yzerman isn't going to let Drouin just go for nothing. So if the Canucks want him, they'll have to offer something of significance for Yzerman to bite. 

I'd hate to lose Shinkurak. Seems like everyone wants to get rid of the guy. And Gaunce, is going to be a very good player for the Canucks, especially with his versatility. 

If we could get Drouin without depleting our prospects, or draft picks, that'd be gold! But those kinds of trades don't happen too often. 

I would too, but if we can get Drouin without adding much else that's a significant upgrade. 

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We got kassian for Hodgson .  Drouin wanting a trade shouldn't that raise red flags considering how good Tampa was last year?

It was known that Buffalo regarded Kassian as having baggage. We just saw stars in our eyes. Or at least many did.

I personally suspect that Buffalo would have informed us / Gillis.

Who knows what lies under the surface! Drouin could just be a guy that needs to fore-check and back check harder to win his coaches trust? And there could be other stuff under the table...

The question I have is what's the deal with Steve Y?

St. Louis requests a trade out of nowhere and now this, It's a bit strange.

I remember seeing a broadcast recently in which Keith Primaeu was told by another panelist that Stevey pulled aside Bowman in Detroit years back and said "I don't think that Primaeu kid is going to make it.

Stevey has aways been a media darling, but I'm starting to wonder. 

2 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

The question I have is what's the deal with Steve Y?

St. Louis requests a trade out of nowhere and now this, It's a bit strange.

I remember seeing a broadcast recently in which Keith Primaeu was told by another panelist that Stevey pulled aside Bowman in Detroit years back and said "I don't think that Primaeu kid is going to make it.

Stevey has aways been a media darling, but I'm starting to wonder. 

... I thought everyone knew St.Louis requested a trade because he was snubbed an spot on the Olympics team. 

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

It was known that Buffalo regarded Kassian as having baggage. We just saw stars in our eyes. Or at least many did.

I personally suspect that Buffalo would have informed us / Gillis.

Who knows what lies under the surface! Drouin could just be a guy that needs to fore-check and back check harder to win his coaches trust? And there could be other stuff under the table...

I think I read here, in an earlier post, that Drouin had some red flags in Halifax too.  My point is, there are very few secrets in the NHL.  GMs, excepting in Boston, are fairly well informed.  Kassian had issues in Junior that followed him to the NHL, which were in news paper articles.  Bar fights, and even getting arrested.  I don't know Drouin's issues, but I think inside the NHL they do. 

Drouin will be a good fit for a deeper team further along in their development cycle.

I just don't see him coming here, or JB risking bringing him here. If JB has to trade a top 6 roster player and at least one top prospect for him, the pressure from this market on the kid -- and yes he's only 20 -- would be crazy. He'd go from support player on a good and deep team to being the go-to guy here simply due to what we'd have to give up to get him.

You only need to look at the heat Bear Cheese has faced, and JB "only" gave up a second rounder for him.

7 hours ago, Pears said:

I would too, but if we can get Drouin without adding much else that's a significant upgrade. 

But...it isn't

Drouin hasn't done a fraction of growing that Shinkaruk has.  To say it's an upgrade at all is a lateral statement but to say a significant upgrade is beyond questionable.

Drouin may go on in years to win serious awards in this league but right now Shinkaruk is hands down the better producer in the pro leagues AHL/NHL for sheer point totals

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

But...it isn't

Drouin hasn't done a fraction of growing that Shinkaruk has.  To say it's an upgrade at all is a lateral statement but to say a significant upgrade is beyond questionable.

Drouin may go on in years to win serious awards in this league but right now Shinkaruk is hands down the better producer in the pro leagues AHL/NHL for sheer point totals

Drouin mops the floor with Shinkaruk. AINEC.

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think the jury is still out on Baer.  If he is not a steady point producer, he only hurts the team.  What else does he provide, when not on offence?  He's not a PKer, he's not tough, he's not heavy, he's not an energy guy, he's not a puck hound, he's not a forechecker etc.  

I think he's not that bad of a forechecker, he's certainly getting better at it. His defensive game is starting to round out imo. 

Archived