The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 20 best countries in the world

higgyfan

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

& when was the peak? Expo '86 perhaps.

Van in the 70's & 80's was truly a great place to be.

I'm too young to know that time; what made it so special?  

Also, where do you live now?  Would you say you enjoy living there (if yes, why), and how does it stack up with Canada (probably the one you remember, or present-day Canada based on what you know)?

Seeing how I pretty much grew up here in Vancouver I don't know of other places but would surely like to go to places like Switzerland, which is also known for its living quality.

1 minute ago, Phil_314 said:

I'm too young to know that time; what made it so special?  

Also, where do you live now?  Would you say you enjoy living there (if yes, why), and how does it stack up with the C-A-N-A-D-A?

Living in Osaka, & have been for some time. Sorry, would prefer this answer be general..not really personal. Will just say I'm playing the hand that was dealt.

Regarding why it was special(lower mainland really; was in White Rock)..perhaps because I was younger(half-joking there)? I suspect many people in their 40's would say their hometown was better in their youth. However due to societal changes of the past 2, 3 decades, I'd have a lot of time for any who make this claim.

Also lived in 3 provinces across Canada(Ab, Ont, NB). None of them compared with Van.

The problem with paradise during one's youth, is subsequent nostalgia on steroids...

Is Canada really good? I live in Vancouver, BC but i've never been to Canada before. Is it cold like what people say here? Do they live in igloos? Do they always eat pancakes and syrup for breakfast as well as bacon? 

If so, hook me up bby.

Vintage Vancouver really was awesome, it was fun, friendly, the cost of living was reasonable, had little traffic, was clean and quiet, it was oriented towards the middle class, it just had a great vibe that's difficult to describe.

Basically all the things that its the opposite of now. 

16 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Is Canada really good? I live in Vancouver, BC but i've never been to Canada before. Is it cold like what people say here? Do they live in igloos? Do they always eat pancakes and syrup for breakfast as well as bacon? 

If so, hook me up bby.

That's old school. We're a lot busier now, so we put bacon on top of our pancakes, douse both with maple syrup and cover the whole mess with poutine....

For our other meals, we eat Ketchup chips and Ham and Pineapple pizza.

14 minutes ago, CanadianLoonie said:

With the exception of Singapore, every single one of those countries are highly indebted and coupled with the demographic situation, will be suffering the effects in about 10-20 years time...

Most people are under an illusion that these national debts are potentially crippling, but the real illusion is that these national debts even exist at all in a westernized world.  And the world is almost 100% westernized.

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

That's old school. We're a lot busier now, so we put bacon on top of our pancakes, douse both with maple syrup and cover the whole mess with poutine....

For our other meals, we eat Ketchup chips and Ham and Pineapple pizza.

Niiice. 

3 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Most people are under an illusion that these national debts are potentially crippling, but the real illusion is that these national debts even exist at all in a westernized world.  And the world is almost 100% westernized.

6595426-3x2-700x467.jpg

I can see that this is in your future.

43 minutes ago, Odd. said:

If so, hook me up bby.

Can you clarify? You said you live in BC but you've never been to Canada. What does it mean? It's a bit odd.

Archived