The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

People on CDC might complain about mgmt, it's normal if they make a bad decision. If they sign Stamkos to a 12 mill deal it will be a bad decision and people will complain all day all night after they watch Stammer play half a season.

But on Yzerman I just don't know how he's going to pay Stamkos 10+ mill, he's got Tampa's best player, Victor Hedman coming up as UFA next summer. What's he gonna want 12+? Y knows he can't do that. Stamkos' contract could end up being a salary escalator on that team.

What about Kucherov and Namestnik. Do they ask for 9 mill as RFAs? Can't overpay 1 player cus then you have to overpay all of them. 

I love it when other teams have cap problems.

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

People on CDC might complain about mgmt, it's normal if they make a bad decision. If they sign Stamkos to a 12 mill deal it will be a bad decision and people will complain all day all night after they watch Stammer play half a season.

But on Yzerman I just don't know how he's going to pay Stamkos 10+ mill, he's got Tampa's best player, Victor Hedman coming up as UFA next summer. What's he gonna want 12+? Y knows he can't do that. Stamkos' contract could end up being a salary escalator on that team.

What about Kucherov and Namestnik. Do they ask for 9 mill as RFAs? Can't overpay 1 player cus then you have to overpay all of them. 

Yea cause you know Kucherov and Namestrik have scored 60 goals in a season.

46 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't recall the Canucks paying everyone 10 million a year like they did Sundin.

Nyr didn't give everyone Gomez money.

49 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Of course Hedman and Stamkos happen to have that pedigree of being high draft picks with multiple MULTIPLE years of success at the NHL level, those other two...do not.

As well while Hedman MIGHT be a solid player he's not getting more money than Doughty Subban or Karlsson no matter what you believe.

And finally and this is important (cause I'm just a stat boy) if Stamkos is trending downwards and is such a meh player who isn't worth 10 million +

Why has Yzerman gone on record stating flat out he wasn't trading him and would do everything in his power to sign him again?

You've managed to contradict yourself numerous times, you've failed to accept stats and facts and instead use Hockey Forums as if somehow the opinion of a few casual armchair GMs trumps hockey EXPERTS.  

You have about as much credibility continuing this fight as Desiboy does commenting with any of our prospects

31 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't recall the Canucks paying everyone 10 million a year like they did Sundin.

Nyr didn't give everyone Gomez money.

They didnt pay sundin 10 million a year they offered him 20 million for 2 years and he opted to sign for, I believe it was, 8.75 million.

32 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

They didnt pay sundin 10 million a year they offered him 20 million for 2 years and he opted to sign for, I believe it was, 8.75 million.

Yes it was 2 years 20 million, Sundin wanted 1year it ended up being pro rated anyhow but you're missing the point completely.

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yes it was 2 years 20 million, Sundin wanted 1year it ended up being pro rated anyhow but you're missing the point completely.

They never paid him 10 million a year. I looked it up and it was 8.6. 

They never ended up paying everyone 8.6.

43 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Ok so what's every one's max offer to Stamkos if he is interested in signing here?

Mine is 9.5M x 7 limited no trade. If they counter offer 10M I would just do it

I dont think we can chew up 10 mill one one guy whilst having sedins at 7 each and miller at 6. Id like to see the line up with numbers if people expect it to happen. 

Stammer would have to come here knowing that our target for cup run would be 2018-2019 once sedins contract is up and they nake like 3. Each as 2nd or 3rd liners. It just likely wouldnt happen. 

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

Ok so what's every one's max offer to Stamkos if he is interested in signing here?

Mine is 9.5M x 7 limited no trade. If they counter offer 10M I would just do it.

50m x 5yrs ( 14m • 12m • 10m • 8m • 6m)  mutual trade agreement or renegotiation allowed in years 4 & 5.

51 minutes ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

I dont think we can chew up 10 mill one one guy whilst having sedins at 7 each and miller at 6. Id like to see the line up with numbers if people expect it to happen. 

Stammer would have to come here knowing that our target for cup run would be 2018-2019 once sedins contract is up and they nake like 3. Each as 2nd or 3rd liners. It just likely wouldnt happen. 

Canucks will have in the range of 12-14 million of available cap AFTER resigning guys like Baertschi and Etem. And that's with Burrows and Miller both on the books, and they'll both be in their last year opening up another 10.5 when they're gone. Some of that will have to go to signing a backup but even still, the Canucks could easily have Stamkos AND the twins on the books cuz after Miller and Burrows are gone, every other forward is making 3 mill or less, a lot of them like Horvat, McCann, Gaunce, Shink, Virtanen, Etem, and Baertschi (depending on Baer's new deal) will all be under 2 mill. Some under 1. And most won't need a raise till after the twins are history.

It's totally doable. Move out a guy like Burrows and you'd even have enough for a ufa d man too at the same time as Stamkos. 

Archived