The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on TSN1040 - Doesn't Plan to be a Seller / Wants to Make Playoffs

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

At least B-Mac and Taylor ask good questions. 

they are veteran sports ppl always enjoy listening to them, was hoping they would ask if there was updates with a time frame in regards to the injuries, but they might know quite yet either

Just now, BI3KSA- said:

If we are buyers at the deadline I'm going to lose my mind 

Depends who we're getting and what we're giving up.

Deals like the Etem one I don't mind.

If we're able to add players like Hamonic or Drouin for a reasonable cost it wold be good now and for the future.

He's virtually saying whatever happens, happens. He's open to everything, but regardless I don't see how keeping a guy who hasn't scored in 20 games while getting quality minutes is a crucial part of this team...I don't get it 

Hammer is going to get some real solid offers because he's the best rental dman out there so I think he's gonna get dealt

16 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

May look to add.........................................................................................................................................

Not looking to sell..................................................................................

Uggghhhh....  :picard:

Just now, DeNiro said:

Depends who we're getting and what we're giving up.

Deals like the Etem one I don't mind.

If we're able to add players like Hamonic or Drouin for a reasonable cost it wold be good now and for the future.

I definitely agree. If we are adding great young players somehow I'm definitely onboard. Even if its deals like the Sven Baertschi one, where its a bit of a risk, I'm fine with that too. But if we are spending picks on rentals or older players I'm 100% going to lose my mind. 

10 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Benning said the injuries were long term, hoping they ask if they have a timetable on the severity of their injuries

They've gotta be. If we're not selling then picking guys up would force us to waive people after they're back off IR to stay under roster size and cap size. Doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, jmahyoung said:

If you wanna go for it, claim Ehrhoff off of waivers.

We get him for nothing (no picks, no assets lost) and he might have great chemistry with our D, and Elder is injured.

He already cleared. Players only stay on waivers for 24 hrs.

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

"Close to the vest".  Babies, and the like close to your chest (heart).  Anyway, I would expect JB to not tip his hand.  

I've always heard "close to the chest". Looked into it. Both are used regularly with the same meaning.

On topic now. As I thought, nothing really new. It's frustrating because every now and then, something important is revealed, so you don't want to miss any interviews; However, most of the time, we get nothing.

Again, the Canucks could sell all sell-able assets and still make the playoffs here.  I'm not expecting that they will, but... It's something to consider.

If Hamhuis is leaving via free agency regardless and they don't move him now for a 1st, a decent prospect plus, I would consider that mismanagement.

I'm sort of expecting both some buying and selling, if anything happens.  Nothing earth-shattering though.  Canucks also have to plan for their future cap.

Archived