The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Benning willing to get nothing in return for Hamhuis/Vrbata if it means getting kids playoff expereience

On 2016-02-24 at 4:09 PM, Canorth said:

FWIW

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-trade-rumours-andrew-ladd-keith-yandle-maple-leafs-canucks-rangers-winnipeg-jets-eric-staal-kyle-okposo-hansen-cancuks-montreal/

Canucks dangling Hansen?

Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province reports that Jannik Hansen’s increased performance on Vancouver’s top line, his blazing speed and his comfortable $2.5-million cap hit will make him attractive to buyers.

It would be nice to see this team sell "high" on a player for once... If we're going to do a proper rebuild this is a must move.

Canucks dangling Hansen?

Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province reports that Jannik Hansen’s increased performance on Vancouver’s top line, his blazing speed and his comfortable $2.5-million cap hit will make him attractive to buyers.

Someone playing well means he's trade bait?  By that logic, are the Canucks dangling Hutton, too?

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Someone playing well means he's trade bait?  By that logic, are the Canucks dangling Hutton, too?

Hutton no way, Hansen would be far down the list. If we move Vrbata and hansen our RW is in shambles. I think Hansen stays for sure unless it is a MASSIVE overpayment, which teams are unlikely to do

16 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Tanev hands down is our best D, Hamhuis is good/decent but he's not spectacular by any means. Personally I think the Goalies have made the D look better IMO. I understand Bennings plan having Veterans to mentor the younger players, which I agree on, but I don't think this team needs both Edler and Hamhuis for that to happen. Yes Edler is injured but he will be back, so I don't see trading Hamhuis as a tank, I see it as trading for something while he still has some value left.

Prior to his injury Hammer was not playing 2LD quality hockey. To be fair the whole d-core has been scrambling most of the season. IMO he is gone because he will not be resigned anyway. Hamhuis will be aware of this situation and will waive. Contrary to many on here I also do not see Tanev as a CUP contending 1RD. He will eventually be replaced as a top pairing or drop down to 2RD. My conclusion about Tanev is the obvious way opposing teams play him physically. I simply do not think he can stand the physical bashing of a CUP run.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Meant to post this here:

Jim Benning on doing veteren-for-draft pick trades: "No, we're just doing hockey trades." #Canucks

Hopefully that means prospects for vets. If we keep Hamhuis and Vrbata to watch them walk away for nothing I am not sure my heart can take it lol

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

That will mean accepting lower quality/lower potential players though (the older the prospect is) than he could probably get in terms of picks and younger prospects. It's a different risk but still a significant one.

Prospects don't get much younger than 19... :unsure:

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Prospects don't get much younger than 19... :unsure:

Benning is more into the 22-26 age range though. If he takes guys in his usual age range for vets he will be taking on lower ceiling types. There is nothing to suggest that Benning will make a trade for anyone who he does not think can play on our roster right away. He just really has no history of doing so.

Benning is very much in right now mode in his mindset. That much should be obvious to everyone. Pretty much every trade he has done is for a player or project that he thought could play on our team right away.

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Benning is more into the 22-26 age range though. If he takes guys in his usual age range for vets he will be taking on lower ceiling types. There is nothing to suggest that Benning will make a trade for anyone who he does not think can play on our roster right away. He just really has no history of doing so.

Pokka is 21 ::D

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Some things never change here.  wallstreet pretending to speak for someone else's mindset.  whodathunkit.

Looking at his body of work in trades and signings what is unclear for you about his mindset?

I mean, assuming you don't believe the man himself who constantly tells anyone who will listen that he is focused on right now.

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Looking at his body of work in trades and signings what is unclear for you about his mindset?

I mean, assuming you don't believe the man himself who constantly tells anyone who will listen that he is focused on right now.

I think you're far more caught in a fishbowl than he is wadr.

Archived