The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Biggest thing missed this year is....

Chris for mascot

Does anyone else feel the way I do, That the biggest thing missed this year is Kevin. I mean I feel this team misses his voice in the room more so than anyone is letting on. Not only that his leadership on the ice is dearly missed. He could always spark the team when needed. I know he was getting long in the tooth, but I feel not having a player replace Kevin's role on this team is what is missing the most, and we should never have moved him

..kevin_bieksa_by_spoon127-d3iwumo.pngkevin_bieksa_wallpaper_by_sofa_fish.png

I think that makes sense.  He seems like a great guy to have on your team.  Good sense of humour, very likeable and protective over the young guys.  It's probably had a bigger impact then we could've thought.  Unfortunately nothing lasts forever.

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

As much as I liked Juice, I agree with Boddy604.

The biggest thing missed this year.....is not all fans were prepared for this season.

We can't handle the truth:mad:

I agree. He brought leadership and was fearsome. 

He wouldn't stand for this garbage post game in the locker room. He wouldn't stand for the constant blowing of 3rd period losses. 

Jb and TL don't know how to make a team. You don't drain all the leadership and replace it with 19 year olds and prust and dorsett 

I miss Juice a lot, but it was time to move on. His play had declined to the point where it was hurting us when he was on ice. He's not doing much better in Anaheim either. Our team just isn't good this year. Simple as that. We're in a rebuild, it happens.

1 minute ago, apollo said:

He wouldn't stand for this garbage post game in the locker room. He wouldn't stand for the constant blowing of 3rd period losses. 

Jb and TL don't know how to make a team. You don't drain all the leadership and replace it with 19 year olds and prust and dorsett 

Bang on. 

16 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Bartkowski for Bieksa?.....We'll throw in Vey and Weber for free.

If he could come back to hold up motivational signs in the stands then yeah

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Wasn't the battle cry "stop playing the vets, play the kids, play the KIDS!" not that long ago??

Heart and Physicality. Like last year, the year before, the year before that, and so on.

Bieksa brought it but the entire team really needs to play a relentless and physical game, not a just a couple of designated players. The Jets have that style and while they are not winning much, they are way much more entertaining to watch--especially at home. 

4 hours ago, Quoted said:

Wasn't the battle cry "stop playing the vets, play the kids, play the KIDS!" not that long ago??

It was and now that we are doing it half of CDC is freaking out. FFS people   GET A GRIP. Rebuilding is never as easy as you want it to be.

Archived