The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Colorado Avalanche 5 @ Vancouver Canucks 2: 21.02.2016 - 7:00 PM PST - SNP

Brad Marchand

It'll be 2-1 Colorado in the third with 1 minute left, but then the Canucks score with 55 seconds left. 12 Seconds later, the Avs strike to make it 3-2, leaving 43 seconds remaining for Canucks to tie. They pull Miller, Avs make it 4-2 wiht 19 seconds left. Canucks leave Miller on the bench, Henrik wins the faceoff so cleanly that it splits our D right into our own net.

Final score, yes, you guessed it, 5-2 Colorado.

2 hours ago, JamesB said:

The Leafs got a 4th round pick and a former 7th round pick who is unlikely to ever play in the NHL for Matthias. And the Canucks probably could have gotten a low first round pick for him last year if they had traded him at the deadline. Aargh.

Sorry I can't agree that Matthias as pending ufa, on a somewhat rebound season, would have fetched a first round pick in a deep draft.  I doubt even a second round pick.

in the end, he fell off the earth after the trade deadline.

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Sorry I can't agree that Matthias as pending ufa, on a somewhat rebound season, would have fetched a first round pick in a deep draft.  I doubt even a second round pick.

in the end, he fell off the earth after the trade deadline.

You're right, as usual, Riffraff.  A guy seems to have to have a special role, or he has little value.  Would anyone disagree that Matthias is a bigger, more skilled player than Dorsett?  Yet Dorsett fills a needed role.  

Archived