The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vrbata injured out at least a week

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Just now, Alflives said:

You think he's injured so badly he won't play any more games this year?  Wow!  I thought WD said one week.  Oh well, Canuck's luck strikes again.:(

My source in the organization is telling me broken femur.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, i'm with those feeling this is mostly precautionary heading into the deadline.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully they're just being cautious with him.

No point playing him if they're planning to trade him. 

Exactly. That injury he suffered must have been a scare. Might as well wrap him in bubble wrap now in preparation for shipping.

I watched his little slip and I did not see an injury. Then I saw WD explain the timeframes for how long Vrbata was going to be out. Vrbata is not a good actor and WD is not a good liar. He is being traded and they are taking him out so he does not get injured.

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I watched his little slip and I did not see an injury. Then I saw WD explain the timeframes for how long Vrbata was going to be out. Vrbata is not a good actor and WD is not a good liar. He is being traded and they are taking him out so he does not get injured.

I don't get why they have to lie about it. Just scratch him if that's the case seeing as he already did it with Weber, Higgins and Prust this year.

2 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

You can trade players under any condition.  As log as both teams are fully aware of the injury.  

There's no reason to freak out, if its just a strain or bruise then he just has to clear a medical and he could be shipped out. That's assuming we get an offer.

My feeling is we all need to really lower our expectations of this trade deadline, we may have already seen the biggest trade. There's much more interesting things going on during the offseason - losing a lot of dead weight, signing Rodin and Demko, and maybe Lucic and/or a top 4 D. At best we're looking at picks, unless Stevie Y is really into Hamhuis. 

2 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I don't get why they have to lie about it. Just scratch him if that's the case seeing as he already did it with Weber, Higgins and Prust this year.

Maybe they are seeing if a better deal comes along as we are still a little less than a week from the trade deadline.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully they're just being cautious with him.

No point playing him if they're planning to trade him. 

But if he is "slightly" injured and they don't play him over the next week, won't other teams be cautious about a trade without seeing how he performs post-injury? If he can't be traded at the TDL this really sucks!

4 hours ago, I'myourhuckleberry said:

Vrbata is gone!!!  To Chicago maybe?  Washington has options but they are interested in Dmen

What does Chicago have out of curiousity, can someone fill me in?

Capitals picked up wrong D man Weber from Sabers for a 3d rounder. Hamhuis is off their radar now? 

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

Bah, it's all cover just to keep him out of the lineup so he doesn't actually get injured. Seriously, hope he's okay though.

I hope that your correct

I always had the impression that Vrbata didn't embrace the playoffs, nor playing for free after the regular season pay was over.

I hope it's not his way of stopping him from being traded to a contender and prolonging his season, which he might not have the desire for?

Just now, ba;;isticsports said:

I hope that your correct

I always had the impression that Vrbata didn't embrace the playoffs, nor playing for free after the regular season pay was over.

I hope it's not his way of stopping him from being traded to a contender and prolonging his season, which he might not have the desire for?

Oh god, I would be shocked if that were the case for any NHL player ever, not just Vrbata. Every players dream is to win the Cup, some just can't rise to the occasion when the time comes. 

For the record, I do think he has a bump on his whatever, afterall, he did go down like a sack of taters last game. And besides, a short term injury is not enough of a detractor for a team who wishes to acquire his services, but his career performance in the playoffs might be.

In the right situation (stacked team) he has value. For us though, the way the season has gone thus far, I would expect nothing more than a fair to decent prospect or late 2nd round round pick. If we get both of those I would be ecstatic. 

I always liked Vrbata, and it would be nice to see him go somewhere and contribute. He has had quite a rough season here.

9 hours ago, cdubuya said:

more bad luck for a team that constantly seems to have ill timed injuries

I do remember other years when key trade bait broke down right before the trade deadline. Ballard did it to us two years in a row. When it was was clear that AV wasn't going to use him anyways. There were others. I'm sure of it.

Archived