The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks have interest in signing 20 year old Dryden Hunt

Overager playing in the WHL with the Moose Jaws. Has 49 goals/99 points in 61 games this season and scored 5 hattricks in his last 8 games. LHS who plays left wing. 

but-wait-theres-more.jpg

He's a BC native from Nelson, has good size at 6ft/200lbs, and most importantly...PLAYED FOR THE MEDICINE HAT TIGERS LAST YEAR!!#*%^$&@ZOMGZZZ!!!!!

...I'm no mathematician but seems like there are some pretty good odds we possibly land him. Another experiment which would be a low risk move. Currently sitting at 47 contracts, there is definitely room to ink him down.

Too bad his name isn't Mike... get it! Mike Hunt say that 5 times fast.

I saw one of the EDM guys tweet this out too, I think it's all the Canadian teams. Fox didn't work out, and I worry that might be the precedent for potential over-agers. 

That being said, Sautner looks like a steal. I trust in this scouting staff greatly. 

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Overagers putting up big points/goals is nothing new.

Have we not learned from Dane Fox?

Learned what? That it absolutely hurts an organization to sign a free prospect at no cost? Lol. 

And Fox has been doing great in the ECHL. Only reason he's not in Utica is because they have so much depth at forward especially the wings. So they sent him down for him to get regular minutes.

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

Well he's still trying to make an impression on brass but he's been in the system for a while now and seems to still be in the ECHL.

agreed and certainly not in Bennings plans at all...but I dont know why he wasnt even given a chance in Utica..2 very good years in the ECHL..but thats the way it goes I guess.

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

agreed and certainly not in Bennings plans at all...but I dont know why he wasnt even given a chance in Utica..2 very good years in the ECHL..but thats the way it goes I guess.

Hopefully some bodies get moved TDL and he gets a call up. Would really like to see what he can do at the next level.

Archived