The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

Just now, peaches5 said:

You're completely missing the point. I am well aware of his age and his progress but to say that he is a number 1 centre? That is huge stretch. He will develop into a solid second line centre. Maybe he plays on the first line in Vancouver but that doesn't mean he is number 1 centre. It's like saying oh Edler is a number 1 dman cause he's our number 1 dman. 

I wasn't the one that said that to begin with homie...
I merely responded to your suggestion that he's a long way from being a legit 2C, and if you recall, actually agreed.

But by the time he's 24, he will be our 1C. If he continues to progress, he might be a LEGITIMATE 1C at that. Only time can possibly tell my dude.

Like many are saying... we've been shrouded by blind-homerism around here over the years, overrating our prospects, placing lofty expectations on players that don't pan out. The jury is still out on Virtanen, kid can hit, but can he score? Jared needs to put on weight, but I like the finesse. Brock looks real nice, but he's got a big hill yet to climb.

Bo, though, is the real friggen deal. If this kid fails then it will be a sad affair for the entire sport of hockey. 

5 hours ago, Nail said:

@FarhanLaljiTSN

Hearing that #Blackhawks have serious interest in Hamhuis & Vrbata. No word yet on whether Hamhuis is willing to waive NTC. #Canucks

will be interesting to see if a deal is made, as the Canucks may have to take back a contract like Bickell in any deal.

Hamhuis & Vrbata for Bickell and Pokka ( if you're gonna dream dream big I say. Gives Chicago what they want and the Canucks a future.

I hate the Hawks, still have that old rivalry hatred burning, but I'd be okay with this. Hammer would have a legit chance at winning with them and they've got some nice assets.

I just hope we end up re-signing Hammer once it's all said in done come summer.

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

1) What does Sutter's injury have to do with whether or not Horvat will become a 1C? We had no other options for 2C besides 20 year old Bo Horvat.

2) Are you talking about plus/minus? You do realize we are on of the worst teams in the league right? Horvat is the best defensive 20 year old this team has seen in years, probably even better than Kesler was at that age.

3) Horvat is currently 50% on face offs for the year. But I guess we have different definitions of 'struggling mightily".

Seriously.. The Sutter injury is the reason why Bo Horvat has been playing as a 2nd line centre.  You're just reiterating the points I made for my argument and trying to use them against me. Who cares if he is 20? You can tell already that he is looking like a 2nd line centre not a 1st line centre. 

Why do you keep reiterating 20 years old?  Barkov is 20 years old too and he was on an awful team when he came into the league as well, was he -30? no. What about Mackinnon? no.

Once again I'm seeing THIS team, okay him being a first line centre on THIS team or being the best centre THIS team has seen since Kesler does not make him a number 1 centre in the league. Kesler FYI was a second line centre.

He's struggled mightily defensively and yes his face/off % has to improve. It's not bad no but for the type of centre he is projected to be you want him to have a better face/off%.

20 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

1) What does Sutter's injury have to do with whether or not Horvat will become a 1C? We had no other options for 2C besides 20 year old Bo Horvat.

2) Are you talking about plus/minus? You do realize we are on of the worst teams in the league right? Horvat is the best defensive 20 year old this team has seen in years, probably even better than Kesler was at that age.

3) Horvat is currently 50% on face offs for the year. But I guess we have different definitions of 'struggling mightily".

McDavid is -5, which would translate to about -12 if he played a whole season and he is 40% on FO.

Eichel is -13 with a FO% of 40%.

Clearly both of these guys are sh!t.  See, I can cherry pick stats too.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If there is a potential of a player getting traded over the next few day, does it make ANY SENSE to risk injury by playing him?  :angry:

But Bartkowski and Weber are also on the block. They literally can't ice a team without some of the trade bait playing. At least Bart and Hammer have been dropped to 3rd pairing

TO VAN

POKKA

BICKELL

1ST 

TO CHI

HAMHUIS

VRBATA

We retain enough cap to get them to send us the 1st along with Pokka. Bickells contract expires after next year so no biggy for our rebuilding team. Could prove to be a nice depth player incase injuries haunt us once again next year. Pokka and a 1st would be huge for our rebuild. Hunter who? Right your mistake and make it happen JB!

Just now, theminister said:

It sounds like Weber is being told to be ready to play....

That it's Hamhuis out is my guess.

Good. There is no way JB could be so stupid as to play guys, who might very soon be traded. Keep the updates coming please.  

Archived