The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

1 minute ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Farhan trying to make a name for himself as usual.  No one else from what I see reporting this. He ought to go back as a high school football water boy

Farhan in an idiot.  I remember hearing him on TSN1040 a while back bashing Blackhawks fans. 

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

Plus minus is a useless stat. Period. To say Bo Horvat is bad defensively because he's -30 would be like saying Felix Hernandez was an average pitcher in 2010 because he had a record of 13 wins 12 losses. In case you didn't know, he won the Cy Young that year.

+/- is not a useless stat.

Just now, peaches5 said:

I didn't cherry pick anything. I compared Horvat to other 20 year olds in the league who are projected to be first line centre's. They are much better offensively than he is. 

Are you seriously arguing that Bo isn't close to the top of the heap for his age group/draft class? Like you said, true first line centres don't grow on trees, but neither do Bo Horvats...

1 minute ago, Darth Kane said:

Farhan in an idiot.  I remember hearing him on TSN1040 a while back bashing Blackhawks fans. 

There's not much that Canucks and Hawks fans agree on, but I will second that emotion. If I'm not mistaken, he's the Dean of Academics at Assclown University.

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

As a Hawks fan do you feel Pokka is expenable with Forsling right behind him and 3 defenseman(TVR, Svedberg, Gustafsson) 24 or younger already on the roster.

Pokka is a quality prospect and I'd had to see him go, but you have to give up quality to get quality in return.  You're right, with the emergence of TvR, Gustafsson and Svedberg I think Pokka becomes expendable.  I think Pokka could be better than Gustafsson and Svedberg in the long run, but that may be a year or two away.  I know Bowman is high on Forsling, but I think he's a few years away.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lalji is such an absolute attention seeking turdball.

do you not know how his job works? He goes quiet, he's out of a job.
Of course he's trying to make a name for himself. He's an analyst/insider of colour in a Canadian market that obsesses over trading. Hamhuis moving is, believe it or not, a pretty big deal and its right in his jurisdiction. 

2 minutes ago, nergish said:

Are you seriously arguing that Bo isn't close to the top of the heap for his age group/draft class? Like you said, true first line centres don't grow on trees, but neither do Bo Horvats...

Are you kidding me? There is a big difference between Horvat and Mackinnon/Barkov.

You would be out of your mind to turn down a trade for Horvat + for either one of those two.

If Hammer is gonna waive to go anywhere for four months, I don't see why Chicago wouldn't be at the top of his list. He said earlier he would want to play for a contender, there yeah go. Plus, some former Olympics squad teammates in Toews and Keith...potentally being moved with a current teammate Vrbata. Go win a cup and come back, Dan. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

There's not much that Canucks and Hawks fans agree on, but I will second that emotion. If I'm not mistaken, he's the Dean of Academics at Assclown University.

Sounds like he would be a good fit for the position of Chair of UBC Board of Governors....

Just now, peaches5 said:

Are you kidding me? There is a big difference between Horvat and Mackinnon/Barkov.

You would be out of your mind to turn down a trade for Horvat + for either one of those two.

There really isn't man... 
I would trade Bo + for Nathan because he may be the only kid in recent drafts with even more heart. Otherwise maybe Seth Jones. That's literally it.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  The top teams tend to have most of their players as plus guys.  The bottom teams it's the opposite.  Weren't our guys really big pluses in the top seasons - like 2009-2012?  

Yea so why didn't Barkov and Mackinnon have -30 years then? Not like the Panthers didn't win the lottery with Barkov.

Archived